The Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) is a voluntary long-term investment scheme that complements your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) savings, or potentially increases your retirement savings if you are self-employed.
Source: Citibank Berhad, 2015
*Assumes retirement age of 60 years old. The amount required after retirement assuming 70% of pre-retirement income & inflation of 2% p.a. This computation is a projection and strictly for illustration purposes only.
**Department of Statistics, Malaysia, 2012
Need more planning for your retirement?
Click here to find out how the Private Retirement Scheme can benefit you.
^Applicable to taxable income for contributions into PRS from 2012 to 2025.
- Your investment contribution will be split into two accounts:
*Subject to 8% tax penalty on the amount withdrawn (except for withdrawal(s) due to permanent departure, permanent total disablement (PTD), serious disease (SD) or mental disability (MD), and withdrawal(s) for housing and heathcare purposes as defined by Securities Commission Malaysia, subject to amendments by Private Pension Administrator Malaysia (PPA) from time to time), as well as a fee of RM25 imposed by Private Pension Administrator (PPA). Please ask us for the fund disclosure documents for more details on the withdrawal criteria or you may visit https://www.ppa.my/prs-and-you/prs-faq/ for the latest information.
- Your contribution will be invested in funds that are managed by approved PRS Providers
- You may choose from two investment options:
- Under Default option, your contribution will be moved to a more conservative fund based on your age:
For the Citibank Account Terms and Conditions, click here.
PRS funds are not deposits and are not obligations of, not guaranteed by, and not insured by, Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any government or insurance agency. PRS funds are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
- PRS funds are not deposits and are not protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM).
- PRS funds are not obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. PRS funds investments are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested. Past performance is not a guarantee or indication of future results and bond prices can go up or down.
- This document does not constitute the distribution of any information or the making of any offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or offer is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document or make such an offer or solicitation. This document does not take into account your investment objective or financial situation.
- You should obtain advice based on your own circumstances from your own tax, financial, legal and other advisors before making an investment decision, and only make such decisions on the basis of your own investment objectives, risk tolerance, investment experience and resources. Citi assumes that, before making any commitment to invest, you have taken whatever tax, legal or other advice you consider necessary and that you have arranged to account for any tax lawfully due from you on the income or gains arising from any investment product provided by Citi.
- This product is not available to U.S. persons and may not be available in all jurisdictions.