Citi Prestige Terms and Conditions
CITI PRESTIGE CREDIT CARD (effective 1 JANUARY 2018)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions govern the use of your Citi Prestige Card issued by Citibank Berhad (Co. No. 297089-M).
Except as amended and supplemented in these terms and conditions, all clauses in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions will be applicable to you from the date you activate your Citi Prestige Card. All references to the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions itself will be construed as references to the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions as supplemented by the clauses contained in these terms & conditions.
Except where the context otherwise requires, or unless these terms and conditions otherwise provides, all words and expressions used or referred to in these terms and conditions will have the same meanings as provided for in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions. In addition to those words and expressions already defined in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions :
"Business Day" means a day on which Citibank is open for business in Kuala Lumpur, except for Saturday, Sunday and gazette public holidays.
"Cardmember" means the Principal Cardmember or the Supplementary Cardmember, as the case may be, and the word "Cardmembers" means the Principal Cardmember and includes the Supplementary Cardmember, if applicable.
"Card Anniversary" means the anniversary of the date of the first statement of account for your Citi Prestige Card.
"Citi Prestige Card" means your Citi Prestige credit card issued by Citibank, and includes any supplementary card, if applicable.
"Citi Prestige Card Account" means the Citi Prestige Card account of the Principal Cardmember maintained with Citibank.
"Citi Prestige Feature" means the features offered under the Citi Prestige Card from time to time.
"Citi Rewards Points" means the rewards points earned through the use of the Citi Prestige Card, including Relationship Bonus Points, if applicable.
"Relationship Bonus Points" mean the bonus Citi Rewards Points which are credited to your/ the principal’s Citi Prestige Card Account to reward you for your relationship with Citibank.
"Principal Cardmember" means the holder of the principal Citi Prestige Card.
"Supplementary Cardmember" means the holder of the supplementary Citi Prestige Card.
"Transaction" means any retail or petrol transactions made using Citi Prestige Card, excluding any transaction as specified in clause 6 in these terms and conditions.
"we, ours, us or Citibank" means Citibank Berhad (297089-M), the issuer of your Citi Prestige Card under your Citi Prestige Card Account.
"you, your and yours" mean the Principal Cardmember.
Notwithstanding anything else stated in these terms and conditions, the following persons are NOT eligible for the Citi Prestige Feature:
- Any Cardmember who is in default of or has cancelled his Citi Prestige Card Account, or who has committed any fraudulent or wrongful act or Transaction in relation to the use of his Citi Prestige Card.
- Any Cardmember who has defaulted on his Card Account or Other Bank Accounts or who has committed any fraudulent or wrongful act or Transaction in relation to the use of Card Account or Other Bank Accounts with Citibank, subject to Citibank's discretion.
The information on annual fees, relevant fees and charges is available here.
You will earn Citi Rewards Points based on the conversion rates (which may be revised from time to time with prior notice) set out below:
- One (1) Citi Rewards Point for every RM1.00 of Transaction settled in Ringgit Malaysia using the Citi Prestige Card.
- Two (2) Citi Rewards Points for every RM1.00 of Transaction settled in foreign currency using the Citi Prestige Card after conversion into Ringgit Malaysia.
- Notwithstanding the terms and conditions in the Citibank ThankYou Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, Cardmember will still earn Citi Rewards Points for purchases of fuels or any other purchases at any petrol or gas stations, in the accumulation of Citi Rewards Points.
To avoid any doubt, we will NOT include the following items in the calculation of Citi Rewards points :
- transactions made on Flexi Payment Plan, Cash Advance, Dial-for-Cash, Easy Pay (EPP), JOMPAY, Balance Transfer or Balance Transfer via Instalment Plan;
- payment for Card account, annual fees, interest payments, late payment fees or charges for cash withdrawals;
- refunded, disputed, unauthorized or fraudulent transactions;
- government service tax and other taxes imposed by law;
- any form of service of miscellaneous fees;
- premium for Credit Shield or Credit Shield Plus or any other credit insurance;
- payment of rates, charges, fines to Governmental, statutory and judicial bodies;
- catering and out-call food and beverage services;
- donations and contributions to charitable, community or social service organizations (including charitable organizations approved by the Inland Revenue Board for tax relief);
- fees or charges to any education establishments or institutions (including professional and vocational training centers);
- child care services; and
- special events/ categories (including funeral and crematoria services, clothing rental, photographic or video-graphic studios and florists)
- To avoid any doubt, We may specify from time to time, Card transactions, payments or items which will NOT earn Rewards Points.
- You should be aware that there may be a lapse of time between a transaction made or usage of the Card and the crediting of the Rewards Points into your account and therefore, We do not represent that any Rewards Points earned prior to redemption will be immediately made available for You or Your use or redemption for any benefits.
- Rewards Points earned under our Citi ThankYouSM Rewards Program have no cash or monetary value and accrued Points or Miles are not convertible to, nor can be exchanged for any cash.
- Any Transaction by the Supplementary Cardmember will earn the Citi Rewards Points in the same manner as the Principal Cardmember but the Citi Rewards Points earned will be credited into the Principal Cardmember's Citi Prestige Card Account.
- The total Citi Rewards Points earned by the Cardmembers and the number of Citi Rewards Points redeemed will be stated in the Principal Cardmember's statement of account.
- Citibank may at its discretion take into account any other transaction in the calculation of Citi Rewards Points or to otherwise vary the basis of calculation of Citi Rewards Points.
- Citibank may rectify any error in the calculation of Citi Rewards Points or otherwise adjust such calculation with notice to you.
- Subject to the Relationship Bonus Points program that Citibank may introduce from time to time, you will be credited with Relationship Bonus Points for your relationship with Citibank.
- The number of Relationship Bonus Points to be credited will equal to a percentage of the aggregate value of Transaction as at your Card Anniversary on your Citi Prestige Card Account.
- Such percentage will be based on the number of years of your relationship with Citibank, and at such rate as may be determined by Citibank.
- In determining your years of relationship with Citibank, the earliest account opening date of either your Card Account or your Other Bank Accounts shall be taken into consideration provided that such account has not been cancelled or terminated.
- If you are also a Citigold account holder, you may be credited with additional Relationship Bonus Points.
You can read more about the Relationship Bonus Points program here.
- Unless amended and supplemented in these terms and conditions, the clauses in The Citibank ThankYou Rewards Program Terms and Conditions will govern the redemption of Citi Rewards Points. The Citibank ThankYou Rewards Program Terms and Conditions are available here.
Subject to our discretion to revise or change the usage or redemption mechanics of Citi Rewards Points from time to time, you may use the Citi Rewards Points earned via the Citi Prestige Card to –
- redeem any Transaction made using the Prestige Card ("PAY WITH POINTS ONLINE");
- redeem catalogue items ("Catalogue Items"); or
- perform instant rewards ("Instant Rewards").
- Principal Cardmembers can redeem Catalogue Items or PAY WITH POINTS ONLINE with your Citi Rewards Points by logging-on to Citibank Online, accessible via www.citibank.com.my or you can go to our Citi ThankYouSM Rewards website at www.citibank.com.my/thankyou
- Unless we otherwise determine, you may not use your Citi Rewards Points to obtain an annual fee waiver for your principal or supplementary Citi Prestige Card.
- Cancellations redemption request(s) are not allowed.
- You may call Citi Prestige Priority Line at 03-2383 1010 to request to speak to a lifestyle manager whenever the Citi Prestige Global Concierge services are required.
- Citibank may engage a third party service provider to carry out the Citi Prestige Global Concierge services and the Cardmembers authorize Citibank to disclose the Cardmember's particulars to the third party service provider engaged by Citibank for the purposes of carrying out the Citi Prestige Global Concierge services.
By providing the Citi Prestige Global Concierge services, to the full extent permitted by law, Citibank –
- will not be liable to the Cardmembers or to any person whom the Cardmembers nominate to receive or use any product or service offered or supplied by the third party service provider for the quality of the products or services or their suitability for any purpose;
- will not be liable to the Cardmembers or to any other person whom the Cardmembers nominate to receive or use any product or service offered or supplied by the third party service provider for any death, injury or consequential loss or damage of any nature which may arise from the supply of the products or the performance of the services by the third party service provider; and
- is not responsible for any act or omission on the part of the third party service provider or for any defect or deficiency in the products or services provided by the third party service provider.
- Any dispute or complaint concerning the products or services received through the use of the services of the third party service provider must be settled directly between the Cardmembers and the third party service provider. Citibank is not responsible for resolving such disputes or for the dispute itself.
29. You can read more about Citi Prestige Global Concierge services here.
- Citibank is not liable for any default in respect of the Citi Prestige Feature due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, epidemic, pandemic, fire, flood, drought, storm, technical or system failure or any other event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
- Citibank is an issuer of credit cards and therefore is not responsible for the quality, merchantability or fitness for any purpose or any other aspect of the products or services purchased using Citi Prestige Card.
- Citibank's decisions on all matters relating to the Citi Prestige Feature are conclusive and binding on the Cardmembers.
- Citibank reserves the right to cancel, revise, terminate or suspend the Citi Prestige Feature or to revise any clause in these terms and conditions with prior notice of twenty-one (21) days to the Cardmembers by way of posting on Citibank Online, accessible via www.citibank.com.my and/ or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. The Cardmembers agree to log-on to Citibank Online, accessible via www.citibank.com.my from time to time to view and understand these terms and conditions and to ensure that the Cardmembers are kept up-to-date with any changes made.
- Any cancellation, revision, termination or suspension of the Citi Prestige Feature by Citibank will not entitle any Cardmember to any claim or compensation against Citibank for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by any Cardmember as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, revision, termination or suspension.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither Citibank nor any of its officer, servant, employee, representative or agent (including but not limited to any third party service provider that Citibank may engage for the purposes of carrying out services in relation to the Citi Prestige Feature) will be liable for any loss or damage which arises in connection with the Citi Prestige Feature. Any liability that Citibank may have to the Cardmember is limited to Direct Damages only. "Direct Damages" means actual damages or losses suffered by the Cardmember as a result of a direct and immediate action by Citibank and shall not include any compensation for special, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or losses of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of profits, business or value, whether or not foreseeable.
- If a clause of these terms and conditions is invalid or unenforceable in a jurisdiction, it is to be read down or severed in that jurisdiction to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, and that fact does not affect the validity or enforceability of that clause in another jurisdiction or the remaining clauses.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
Citi Prestige Features
Fees and Charges
Citi Rewards Points
Citi Rewards Points Redemption
Citi Prestige Global Concierge Service