CITI PRESTIGE ACQUISITION CAMPAIGN- OCT 2022
Terms and Conditions ("these Terms and Conditions")
- This campaign, organized by Citibank Berhad (Registration no 199401011410 (297089-M) ("Citibank") called the "Citi Prestige Acquisition Campaign-Oct 2022" ("Campaign") will run from 1 October 2022 to 31 December 2022 both dates inclusive ("Campaign Period").
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, the Campaign is open to all new-to-bank1 individuals who are residents of Malaysia, who do not have any credit card issued by Citibank in Malaysia and, who has attained the age of 21 years ("Eligible Persons" or each, an “Eligible Person”) at the time of making an application for Citi Prestige Credit Card as a principal cardmember during the Campaign Period.
(Citi Prestige Credit Card above shall be referred to as “Citi Prestige Card”).
- To be eligible for this Campaign, an Eligible Person must apply for Citi Prestige Card within the Campaign Period.
Eligible Persons who apply for the Citi Prestige Card under this Campaign shall hereinafter be referred to as “Applicants” or each, an “Applicant”.
- The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Campaign:
- permanent and/or contract employees of Citibank (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members;
- representatives and/or agents (including advertising and campaign agents) of Citibank and their respective immediate family members;
- any Applicant or persons who had cancelled any of his/her Citibank credit card within twelve (12) months from the new credit card approved date and is re-applying for the Citi Prestige Card under the Campaign;
- Principal cardholders of any Citibank credit card(s) issued in Malaysia; and/or
- any person who has committed or suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to their Card account(s), any facility, service or accommodation granted by Citibank, including Citibank Online.
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each Applicant whose application has been submitted during the Campaign Period and successfully approved by Citibank on or before 31 January 2023 will be entitled to the acquisition gift in the table below provided such Applicant fulfills the fulfillment criteria (defined below):
- For the avoidance of doubt:
- If your application or supporting documents are dispatched by courier, Citibank will not be responsible for any mishandling or misdirection of any courier; and/or
- all relevant conditions under these Terms and Conditions must be fulfilled, including the Card account of the Successful Applicant in good standing, in order to be eligible for any of the Reward or other privileges, waivers and benefits under this Campaign.
- "Retail Spend" means the purchase of any goods or services (local or international) with the use of the Card and may, at Citibank discretion, include online transaction, e-wallet top-up and any card transaction as may be determined by Citibank, except for the following transactions:
- Instalments paid under Citibank's Paylite, Easy Payment Plan (EPP), Credit Shield Select, Quick Cash, Balance Transfer, Balance Transfer via Installment Plan and Cash Advance;
- Any disputed, cancelled, refunded, unauthorized or fraudulent purchase transactions;
- Payment of annual Citi Credit Card membership fees;
- Interest payments, late payment fees, charges for cash withdrawals, Sales and Service Tax or other taxes and any other form of service/miscellaneous fees; and/or
- Transactions made by the Citibank cardmembers with any merchant associated with or controlled by them (whether as employee, employer, shareholder or director). i.e. transactions by a Citibank cardmembers with any corporation or business entity in which he is an employee or employer or works with or has shares or interest in or is a director of.
- The following additional terms and conditions shall apply for “Reward”:
- The Reward(s) will be credited to applicant’s credit card account within six (6) weeks after the fulfilment of criteria in Clause 5 above;
- If there is any non-receipt of the reward, the Successful Applicant is required to contact CitiPhone by 15 June 2023 at the latest, to request for an inquiry. No request for any inquiry will be entertained after 15 June 2023;
- The Reward is provided on an “As Is” basis;
- Citibank reserves the right, as it deems fit to substitute the Reward with another product of similar retail value with prior notice; and
- The Reward is not transferable.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, "successfully approved" means an Applicant’s Card application that is applied during the Campaign Period and approved by Citibank on or before 31 January 2023 and a conditional approval of a Card application is not a "successfully approved" application. An Applicant whose application is successfully approved in accordance with these Terms and Conditions is hereinafter referred to as a "Successful Applicant".
- Citibank reserves the right at its absolute discretion to approve or reject any application and/or the supporting documents as requested by Citibank. For the avoidance of doubt, Citibank reserves the right, as it deems fit to determine if the supporting documents are valid or sufficiently clear for purposes of the approval.
- An Applicant may enquire the status of the Application by contacting Citibank at the following telephone numbers: 03-2383 0000 (Kuala Lumpur), 04-296 0000 (Penang), and 07-340 6000 (Johor Bahru) ("Citiphone").
- An Applicant may also be participating in more than one Citibank credit card promotions organised for or in conjunction with the acquisition of new credit card customers where the Applicant may also be similarly entitled to gifts or rewards. In the event that the promotion periods for such other promotions overlap with the Campaign Period, then the Applicant understands that he/she shall only be entitled to receive the rewards from the first Citibank credit card approved by Citibank via the channel that the Applicant had applied from, regardless of the number of successfully approved applications in such other promotions and/or this Campaign.
- Citibank's decisions on all matters relating to the Campaign will be final and binding.
- Citibank reserves the right to disqualify an Applicant /Successful Applicant (as the case may be) from participating in the Campaign and/or from receiving the Reward:
- where the minimum payment or any amounts due and payable under any of the Successful Applicant’s Citibank Credit Card account(s) are not settled on or before its due date;
- If any of the Successful Applicant’s Citibank Credit Card account(s) is cancelled, closed, or terminated by any reason whatsoever, either voluntarily or involuntarily;
- is not eligible to participate in the Campaign and/or receive the Reward; and/or
- has committed or is suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent or wrongful acts.
- Citibank shall not be liable for any default in respect of the Campaign due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, epidemic or pandemic, technical or systems failure or any event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
- Citibank reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Campaign or any individual offer(s) in the Campaign with notice. In such an event, Citibank also reserves the right to replace any of the individual offer(s) with another similar offer in the Campaign. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination or suspension by Citibank of the Campaign (or any individual offer(s) in the Campaign) shall not entitle any Applicant or Successful Applicant to any claim or compensation against Citibank for any and all loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Applicant, or Successful Applicant whether as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension of the Campaign or any individual offer(s) in the Campaign.
- Citibank reserves the right as it deems fit to vary or change any of these terms and conditions with notice. These terms and conditions may be varied or changed by Citibank by way of posting on Citibank Facebook Webpage or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. Applicants and Successful Applicants who had participated in the Campaign are deemed to have accessed Citibank Facebook Webpage and/or the Website at https://www.citibank.com.my and to have knowledge of and to have agreed to any changes or variations to these terms and conditions. Applicants and Successful Applicants agree that their continued participation in the Campaign will constitute their acceptance of these terms and conditions (as varied or changed).
- By participating in the Campaign, Applicants and Successful Applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (as modified and varied from time to time) and any decisions of Citibank. Successful Applicants hereby consent to and authorize Citibank to disclose their particulars to the third party service providers engaged by Citibank for purposes of the Campaign. Citibank warrants that the disclosure of such particulars to any third party service providers shall be limited to the Successful Applicants’ names, addresses and telephone numbers and shall be used only in relation to and for purposes of the Campaign.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Campaign, each and every Applicant and Successful Applicant is agreeing that he/she will not hold Citibank and its officers, servants, employees, representatives and/or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that Citibank may engage for the purposes of this Campaign) liable for any loss or damages that he/she may incur, in connection with the Campaign. Any liability that the Citibank may have to the Applicant and/or Eligible Person or any other party (if any) is limited to Direct Damages only. “Direct Damages” means actual damages or losses suffered by the Applicant and/or Eligible Person or any party as a result of a direct and immediate action by Citibank and shall not include any compensation for special, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or losses of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of profits, business or value, whether or not foreseeable.
- Any term or condition applicable to this Campaign which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
|Eligible Card Type||Fulfillment Criteria||Acquisition Gift/Reward(s)|
|Citi Prestige Card;||Activate and use your successfully approved Citi Prestige Card under this Campaign for a minimum of eight (8) times on Retail Spend within the “Qualifying Period”||RM500 Cash Back|
Note: “Qualifying Period” is defined as first sixty (60) days from the date of the card has been successfully approved.
1 “New-to-bank” refer to individuals and/or Citibank customers who do not have any Citibank credit card issued by Citibank Malaysia, but excluding those persons who fall under Clause 4(c) in these Terms and Conditions. They will not be qualified to participate.
At Citi, the security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
Please refer to our Notice and Choice Principle Statement accessible via https://www.citibank.com.my/privacyEng/PDPA_Eng.pdf which outlines how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections you are entitled to in respect of your personal data.