Citi Prestige Application Promotion Terms and Conditions
2018 Citi Prestige Application Promotion Terms and Conditions
- This 2018 Citi Prestige Application Promotion (“Promotion”) organized by Citibank Berhad (Co. No. 297089-M) ("Citibank") will run
from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018 ("Promotion Period"), or while stock lasts, whichever is earlier (see terms and conditions below).
- Subject to Clause 3 below, the Promotion is open to any individual who is not already a holder of a Citi Prestige Card, is a resident of Malaysia, had attained the age of 21 years ("Applicant") who, during the Promotion Period, within a single application form, applies for the Citi Prestige Principal credit card, which shall be referred to as “Citi Prestige Card”.
- The following persons shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion:
- permanent and/or contract employees of Citibank (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members;
- an Applicant who had cancelled his/her Citi credit card(s) or been rejected by Citibank for any application for Citi credit card(s) within three (3) months before the date of application and is applying or re-applying for any Citibank Credit Card under the Promotion;
- all supplementary Citibank credit card applications; and/or
- any person who committed or is suspected of committing any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to any of his/her Citi credit card account(s), any facility, service or accommodation granted by Citibank including Citibank Online accessible via www.citibank.com.my (“Website”) or otherwise;
- Subject to these terms and conditions, an Applicant whose application is received before the expiry of the Promotion Period and is successfully approved by Citibank from 1 January 2018 – 31 December 2018 will receive 250,000 Citi Rewards Points (“Sign On Welcome Points”) provided that within 2 months after such approval date (“Qualifying Period”), the Applicant must:
- pay the annual membership fee of RM1,000 (including 0% GST) ; and
- make a minimum retail transaction amount according to the table below with the successfully approved Citi Prestige Card.
|Type of Citi Prestige Applicant
||Minimum Retail Transaction Amount
|Not present holders of any Citibank credit card(s)
|Citigold clients who are present holders of any Citibank credit card (s)
|Non-Citigold clients who are present holders of any Citibank credit card(s)
- An Applicant may enquire about his/her card application approval status by contacting Citi Prestige Priority line at 03-2383 1010.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, notwithstanding the Promotion Period, only Applicants whose Citi Prestige principal credit cards approved before 31 May 2018 and fulfils the above criteria will stand a chance to receive the Sign On Welcome Points under these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, "successfully approved" means that the Applicant's credit card application has actually been approved by Citibank and a Citibank Credit Card is being or has been issued to the Applicant. Conditional approvals of credit card applications which may be received by an Applicant from Citibank are not deemed to be successfully approved credit card applications.
- Citibank reserves the right to approve or reject any application and/or the supporting documents as requested by Citibank as it deems fit.
- During the submission process, the Applicant’s physical completed credit card application form is submitted, together with such clear and readable supporting documents as may be deemed to be required or requested by Citibank.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any Applicant whose application is received after 31 December 2018 or successfully approved after
31 December 2018 by Citibank will not be eligible to receive the Promotion Gift.
- For the avoidance of doubt, an Applicant will not be entitled to request for any waiver or ask for a refund of the annual membership fee set out in Clause 4 above after he/she has received Sign On Welcome Points.
Sign On Welcome Points
- The following terms and conditions apply to the Sign On Welcome Points :
- The Sign On Welcome Points will be reflected in the Applicant/ eligible cardmember’s next Citi Prestige statement of account or latest within 30 working days once Clause 4 (a) and (b) are met;
- If there is any dispute or non-receipt of the Sign On Welcome Points, the Applicant/ eligible cardmember is required to contact Citi Prestige Priority line at 03-2383 1010 by 31 December 2018 at the latest to request an inquiry. No request for any inquiry will be entertained after
31 December 2018.
- The Citibank credit card account(s) of the Applicant/eligible cardmember must be in good standing in order to be entitled to receive the Promotion Gift.
- The Sign On Welcome Points is not exchangeable for cash, credit or in kind, in part or in full.
- Citibank reserves the right to and as it deems fit, disqualify an Applicant/ eligible cardmember (as the case may be) from participating in the Promotion or from receiving Sign On Welcome Points at Citibank’s discretion, including but not limited to the following situation(s):
- where the minimum payment under any of his/her Citibank credit card account(s) (including any Citibank Credit Card) has been due for
30 days or more;
- if any of the Applicant/ eligible cardmember’s Citibank credit card account(s) is closed by Citibank for any reason whatsoever;
- if the Applicant/ eligible cardmember is not eligible to participate in this Campaign and/or receive the Sign On Welcome Points; and/or
- if the Applicant/ eligible cardmember has committed or is suspected to have committed any misconduct, fraudulent or wrongful acts.
- An Applicant/ eligible cardmember may also be participating in more than one Citibank credit card promotions organized for or in conjunction with the acquisition of new credit card customers where the Applicant/ eligible cardmember may also be similarly entitled to gifts or rewards. In the event that the promotion periods for such other promotions overlap with the Promotion Period, then the Applicant/ eligible cardmember understands that he/she shall only be entitled to receive the gifts or rewards from the first Citibank credit card approved by Citibank via the channel the Applicant had applied from, regardless of the number of approved applications in such other promotions or campaigns.
- Citibank's decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be final and binding.
- Citibank shall not be liable for any default in respect of the Campaign due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, epidemic or pandemic, technical or systems failure or any event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
- Citibank reserves the right to cancel, revise, terminate or suspend the Promotion with notice. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, revision, termination or suspension by Citibank of the Promotion shall not entitle any Applicant/ eligible cardmember to any claim or compensation against Citibank for any and all loss or damage suffered or incurred by any Applicant/ eligible cardmember as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, revision, termination or suspension.
- Citibank reserves the right as it deems fit to vary or change any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time or cancel, terminate, withdraw, or suspend this Promotion and/or replace this Promotion with another similar promotion, campaign or program with prior notice. Such variation, changes, cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension will be notified by posting on the Website, or in any other manner as Citibank deems fit. In this respect, the Applicant’s and successful Applicant’s participation in this Campaign also signifies his/her agreement to access the Website at regular intervals to view these Terms and Conditions and to ensure that they are kept up-to-date with any variations or changes which Citibank may effect from time to time. Applicants and successful Applicants also agree that their continued participation in this Promotion will constitute their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (as varied from time to time) and any decisions of Citibank. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension by Citibank of this Promotion will not entitle the Applicant and successful Applicant to any compensation against Citibank for any and all loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred by the Applicant and successful Applicant as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination, withdrawal or suspension.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in this Promotion, each and every Applicant/ eligible cardmember is agreeing that he/she will not hold Citibank and its officers, servants, employees, representatives and/or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that Citibank may engage for the purposes of this Promotion), liable for any loss or damages that he/she may incur, in connection with the Promotion.
- Citibank is only an issuer of cards and an organizer of the Promotion. Citibank has and does not warrant the fitness for any purpose of any goods or items delivered or made available under the Promotion or through any of Citibank’s Rewards Program. Applicants/ eligible cardmembers agree not to hold Citibank liable for any injury, loss or damage incurred from the use of any goods or items received under the Promotion.
- Any term and condition applicable to this Promotion which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.