Citi Prestige Application Promotion Terms and Conditions
- This Citi Prestige Application Promotion ("Promotion") organized by Citibank Berhad (Co. No. 297089-M) ("Citibank") will run from 1 March 2014 to 31 December 2014 ("Promotion Period").
- Subject to Clause 3 below, the Promotion is open to any individual who is a resident of Malaysia ("Applicant") who, during the Promotion Period, within a single application form, applies for the Citi Prestige Principal credit card, which shall be referred to as "Citi Prestige card".
- The following persons shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion:
- Permanent and/or contract employees of Citibank and Citibank's subsidiaries and related companies and their respective immediate family members;
- An Applicant who had cancelled his/her Citibank Credit Card(s) within three (3) months before the date of application and is applying or re-applying for any Citibank Credit Card under the Promotion;
- All applicants applying for supplementary Citibank credit cards;
- any person who committed or is suspected of committing any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to any of his/her Citibank Credit Card account(s) or any other Citibank services or facilities including Citibank Online accessible via www.citibank.com.my ("Website"); and/or
Subject to these terms and conditions, an Applicant whose application is received before the expiry of the Promotion Period and is successfully approved by Citibank will receive 180,000 Citi Rewards points ("Sign On Welcome Points") provided that within 2 months after such approval date ("Qualifying Period"), the Applicant must:
- pay the annual membership fee of RM1000; and
- make a minimum retail transaction amount according to the table below with the successfully approved Citi Prestige Card.
Type of Citi Prestige Applicant Retail Transaction Amount required Not present holders of any Citibank credit
RM4,000 Citigold clients who are present holders of
any Citibank credit card (s)
RM4,000 Non Citigold clients who are present
holders of any Citibank credit card(s)
An Applicant may enquire about his/her card application approval status by contacting Citi Prestige Priority line at 03-2383 1010.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, notwithstanding the Promotion Period, only Applicants whose Citi Prestige principal credit cards approved before 31 January 2015 and fulfils the above criteria will stand a chance to receive the Sign On Welcome Points under these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, "successfully approved" means that the Applicant's credit card application has actually been approved by Citibank and a Citibank Credit Card is being or has been issued to the Applicant. Conditional approvals of credit card applications which may be received by an Applicant from Citibank are not deemed to be successfully approved credit card applications.
- Citibank reserves the right to approve or reject any application and/or the supporting documents as requested by Citibank as it deems fit.
- During the submission process, the Applicant's physical completed credit card application form is submitted, together with such clear and readable supporting documents as may be deemed to be required or requested by Citibank.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any Applicant whose application is received after 31 December 2014 or successfully approved after 31 January 2015 by Citibank will not be eligible to receive the Promotion Gift.
- For the avoidance of doubt, an Applicant will not be entitled to request for any waiver or ask for a refund of the annual membership fee set out in Clause 4 (a) above after he/she has received the Promotion Gift.
Sign On Welcome Points
The following terms and conditions apply to the Sign On Welcome Points:
- The Sign On Welcome Points will be reflected in the eligible cardmember's next Citi Prestige statement of account or latest within 30 working days once Clause 4 (a) and (b) are met;
- Under the Promotion, the eligible cardmember may choose to do either of following with their Sign On Welcome Points:
- maintain the Sign On Welcome Points, use the Sign On Welcome Points to redeem under the "Citibank Rewards Program"; or
- for the Promotion exclusively, use the points to redeem for one (1) unit of One night stay at Equarius Hotel (Deluxe Room), Resorts World Sentosa and dinner for two at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon ("RWS Package") by calling into Citi Prestige Priority Line at 03-23831010
- The redemption of the RWS Package is while stocks last.
- The redemption of the RWS Package is only made available to principal cardmembers who can only redeem one (1) unit under the Promotion. For the avoidance of any doubt, if the eligible principal cardmember elects to redeem the RWS Package, he/she cannot exchange the RWS Package for Rewards Points and Citibank will not accept any return.
- Redemption is subject to the provisions of Clause 4 "Gift Redemptions" & Clause 5 "Delivery of Gifts" of the "Citibank Rewards Program Terms & Conditions" which is accessible via www.citirewards.com.
- If there is any dispute or non-receipt of the Sign On Welcome Points, the eligible cardmember is required to contact Citi Prestige Priority line at 03-2383 1010 by 31 March 2015 at the latest to request an inquiry. No request for any inquiry will be entertained after 31 July 2014.
- The Citibank credit card account(s) of the eligible cardmember must be in good standing in order to be entitled to receive the Promotion Gift.
- The Sign On Welcome Points or the RWS Package is not exchangeable for cash, credit or in kind, in part or in full.
- Citibank reserves the right to exchange the RWS Package with any other gift of equivalent value as deemed appropriate by Citibank if the supplier is unable to supply the RWS Package or refund the eligible cardmember the RM1,000 annual fee in event the redemption or fulfilment cannot be done for reasons beyond the control of Citibank.
- Citibank also does not give any warranty for the RWS Package. Any dispute regarding the RWS Package must be addressed with the Resorts World™ Sentosa directly.
Citibank reserves the right to and as it deems fit, disqualify an Applicant/ eligible cardmember (as the case may be) from participating in the Promotion and/or from receiving the Promotion Gift:
- where the minimum payment under any of his/her Citibank credit card account(s) (including any Citibank Credit Card) has been due for 30 days or more;
- if any of his/her Citibank credit card account(s) is closed by Citibank for any reason whatsoever;
- if he/she has committed or is suspected of committing any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to any of his/her Citibank credit card account(s) or any other Citibank services or facilities including Citibank Online, as defined in the Website; and/or
- if the Promotion Gift is awarded to a person who is not eligible to receive the Promotion Gift in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- An Applicant/ eligible cardmember may also be participating in more than one Citibank credit card promotions organized for or in conjunction with the acquisition of new credit card customers where the Applicant/ eligible cardmember may also be similarly entitled to gifts or rewards. In the event that the promotion periods for such other promotions overlap with the Promotion Period, then the Applicant/ eligible cardmember understands that he/she shall only be entitled to receive the gifts or rewards from only ONE of such other promotions or the Promotion, regardless of the number of successfully approved applications in such other promotions and/or the Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in this Promotion, each and every Applicant/ eligible cardmember is agreeing that he/she will not hold Citibank and its officers, servants, employees, representatives and/or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that Citibank may engage for the purposes of this Promotion), liable for any loss or damages that he/she may incur, in connection with the Promotion.
- Citibank is only an issuer of cards and an organizer of the Promotion. Citibank has and does not warrant the fitness for any purpose of any goods or items delivered or made available under the Promotion or through any of Citibank's Rewards Program. Applicants/ eligible cardmembers agree not to hold Citibank liable for any injury, loss or damage incurred from the use of of any goods or items received under the Promotion.
- Citibank shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, epidemic, pandemic, technical or system failures or any event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
- Citibank's decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be final and binding.
- Citibank reserves the right not to disclose its reasons for not approving any application.
- Citibank reserves the right to cancel, revise, terminate or suspend the Promotion with notice. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, revision, termination or suspension by Citibank of the Promotion shall not entitle any Applicant/ eligible cardmember to any claim or compensation against Citibank for any and all loss or damage suffered or incurred by any Applicant/ eligible cardmember as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, revision, termination or suspension.
- Citibank reserves the right as it deems fit to vary or change any of these terms and conditions with notice. These terms and conditions may be varied or changed by Citibank by way of posting on Citibank Facebook Webpage or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. Applicants/ eligible cardmembers who had participated in the Promotion are deemed to have accessed Citibank Facebook Webpage and/or Citibank's Website at www.citibank.com.my and to have knowledge of and to have agreed to any changes or variations to these terms and conditions. Applicants/ eligible cardmembers agree that their continued participation in the Promotion will constitute their acceptance of these terms and conditions (as varied or changed).
- Any term and condition applicable to this Promotion which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.