How Samsung Pay Works
How to set up Samsung Pay
Add your Citi credit cards to Samsung Pay in a few simple steps.
- Create or login into your Samsung account
- Add your fingerprint and register a Samsung Pay PIN
- Add your Citi credit card using your phone’s camera, or enter your card information manually
Designed to work almost anywhere* you can swipe or tap a credit card
Use Samsung Pay at your favourite stores. Whether you're at the latest café, the nearest supermarket, or your favourite boutique - you're good to go.
Apply for a Citi credit card & submit all required documents online within 7 business days.
Sign up to receive your monthly bill via e-statement & spend RM1,500 within 60 days from your card approval date.
Receive 3,000 worth of Samsung Rewards Points
- Earn 1 PremierMiles for every RM3 spent locally and 2 PremierMiles for every RM3 equivalent spent in foreign currencies
- Enjoy unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounges in Malaysia
- Receive a complimentary ride home from KLIA when you spend on your PremierMiles card overseas
- Earn 5X Citi Rewards points at major departmental stores and supermarkets
- Earn 5X Citi Rewards points on overseas spend
- Your Citi Rewards points never expire
- Up to 10% Cash Back on dining, groceries, petrol and GRAB rides
- Unlimited 0.2% Cash Back on other retail spend
- No minimum Cash Back accumulation required
- Friday 1-for-1 movie tickets at GSC and TGV
- 1-for-1 drinks every Mon-Fri at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlets
- 3X Citi Rewards points at popular hangouts.
For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which can be used to make purchases with almost every retailer in Malaysia. Samsung Pay uses a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC) to make mobile payments more accessible to both merchants and consumers.
How does Samsung Pay work?
Samsung Pay uses proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC) to make contactless mobile payments. MST and NFC enables the Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A7 (2016 & 2017), Galaxy A5 (2016 & 2017), Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ to make secure transactions with almost every retailer in Malaysia.
What do I need to use Samsung Pay?
To use Samsung Pay, you need:
- A compatible Samsung device*
- A supported payment card from a participating bank
- A Samsung account
- Registered fingerprint, iris image or Samsung Pay PIN
- To be located in the country of the participating bank**
*Compatible devices: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7(2017), Galaxy A5(2017), Galaxy A7(2016) and Galaxy A5(2016).
**For the verification purposes, you must be located in the same country of the participating bank when adding a payment card in Samsung Pay.
Which devices will support Samsung Pay?
The initial devices launched with Samsung Pay are Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7(2017), Galaxy A5(2017), Galaxy A7(2016) and Galaxy A5(2016).
How secure is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay uses tokenisation, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. In addition, you can verify either with your fingerprint or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases.
- Tokenisation is a method of replacing your sensitive payment card information (Card Number, Expiration Date, Security code, etc.) with a device-specific 'Token' which acts as a surrogate value. In mobile payments, 'Tokens' are used to protect your payment information and to reduce the security risks inherent to plastic cards.
- A Secure Environment is a physically segregated chip in the phone which only allows access to highly sensitive operations/information such as fingerprint and payment information. Normal applications and malware have no access to the information in a Secure Environment.
- Samsung KNOX runs scans to see if your device is secure. Samsung KNOX will permanently disable Samsung Pay on a compromised device in order to protect your payment information.
In addition, Samsung Pay will not have access to your Citi accounts.
What happens if I lose my phone?
Please contact CitiPhone at 03-2383 0000 to report lost or stolen card. The Device Card Number(s) of your Citi credit cards enrolled on Samsung Pay on the device will be blocked. You can continue to use your cards via other channels.
You can also use Samsung's Find My Mobile service to Lock Samsung Pay (remotely disable) or to Wipe Samsung Pay (remove all the payment cards registered onto your device), while still being able to use your Citi cards via other channels.
How do I get Samsung Pay?
Currently only Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+ can download Samsung Pay from Google Pay Store.
For Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A7 (2016 & 2017), Galaxy A5 (2016 & 2017) and Galaxy A9 Pro users, check that your device is on the latest Android version.
Which Citi credit cards will work on Samsung Pay?
All Citi Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued by Citi Malaysia are eligible for use on Samsung Pay, except for Shell Citi, CitiBusiness, Citi Commercial and Citi Travel credit cards. Citi Debit & ATM card, as well as Citi Ready Credit Visa are also not eligible at this time.
Which devices will support iris image authentication for Samsung Pay?
Only Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are supported at the moment.
Click here for the full list of FAQs.