How Samsung Pay Works
How to set up Samsung Pay
Add your Citi credit cards to Samsung Pay in a few simple steps.
- Create or login into your Samsung account
- Add your fingerprint and register a Samsung Pay PIN
- Add your Citi credit card using your phone’s camera, or enter your card information manually
Designed to work almost anywhere* you can swipe or tap a credit card
Use Samsung Pay at your favourite stores. Whether you're at the latest café, the nearest supermarket, or your favourite boutique - you're good to go.
Apply for a Citi credit card & submit all required documents online within 7 business days.
Spend a minimum eight (08) retail spend within 60 days from your card approval date.
Receive your e-code via email within 12 weeks after meeting the minimum spend criteria.
- Earn 1 PremierMiles for every RM3 spent locally and 2 PremierMiles for every RM3 equivalent spent in foreign currencies and selected online travel merchants
- Enjoy unlimited access to selected Plaza Premium Lounges in Malaysia
- Receive a complimentary ride home from KLIA1 when you spend on your PremierMiles card overseas
- Earn 5X Citi Rewards points at major departmental stores and supermarkets
- Earn 5X Citi Rewards points on overseas spend
- Your Citi Rewards points never expire
- Up to 10% Cash Back on petrol, groceries, dining and Grab ride when you meet the minimum monthly total spend
- Unlimited 0.2% cash back on other retail spend
- Automatic cash back credited into your account
- Friday 1-for-1 movie tickets at GSC and TGV
- 1-for-1 drinks every Mon-Fri at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlets
- 3X Citi Rewards points at popular hangouts.
For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service which can be used to make purchases with almost every retailer in Malaysia. Samsung Pay uses a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC) to make mobile payments more accessible to both merchants and consumers.
How does Samsung Pay work?
Samsung Pay uses proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) and Near Field Communication (NFC) to make contactless mobile payments. MST and NFC enables the Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy S7/S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy A8/A8+, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7/A5 to make secure transactions with almost every retailer in Malaysia.
What do I need to use Samsung Pay?
To use Samsung Pay, you need:
- A compatible Samsung device*
- A supported payment card from a participating bank
- A Samsung account
- Registered fingerprint, iris image or Samsung Pay PIN
- To be located in the country of the participating bank**
*Compatible Devices: Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy S7/S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy A8/A8+, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7/A5
**For the verification purposes, you must be located in the same country of the participating bank when adding a payment card in Samsung Pay.
Which devices will support Samsung Pay?
Compatible Devices: Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy S7/S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy A8/A8+, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7/A5
How secure is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay uses tokenisation, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. In addition, you can verify either with your fingerprint or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases.
- Tokenisation is a method of replacing your sensitive payment card information (Card Number, Expiration Date, Security code, etc.) with a device-specific 'Token' which acts as a surrogate value. In mobile payments, 'Tokens' are used to protect your payment information and to reduce the security risks inherent to plastic cards.
- A Secure Environment is a physically segregated chip in the phone which only allows access to highly sensitive operations/information such as fingerprint and payment information. Normal applications and malware have no access to the information in a Secure Environment.
- Samsung KNOX runs scans to see if your device is secure. Samsung KNOX will permanently disable Samsung Pay on a compromised device in order to protect your payment information.
In addition, Samsung Pay will not have access to your Citi accounts.
What happens if I lose my phone?
Please contact CitiPhone at 03-2383 0000 to report lost or stolen card. The Device Card Number(s) of your Citi credit cards enrolled on Samsung Pay on the device will be blocked. You can continue to use your cards via other channels.
You can also use Samsung's Find My Mobile service to Lock Samsung Pay (remotely disable) or to Wipe Samsung Pay (remove all the payment cards registered onto your device), while still being able to use your Citi cards via other channels.
How do I get Samsung Pay?
Currently only Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+ can download Samsung Pay from Google Pay Store
For Galaxy S7/S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy A8/A8+, Galaxy A9 Pro, Galaxy A7/A5 users, check that your device is on the latest Android version.
Which Citi credit cards will work on Samsung Pay?
All Citi Visa and MasterCard credit cards issued by Citi Malaysia are eligible for use on Samsung Pay, except for Shell Citi, CitiBusiness, Citi Commercial and Citi Travel credit cards. Citi Debit & ATM card, as well as Citi Ready Credit Visa are also not eligible at this time.
Which devices will support iris image authentication for Samsung Pay?
Only Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S8/S8+ are supported at the moment
Click here for the full list of FAQs.