Introducing the Citibank Progressive Investment Plan, a 2-in-1 investment programme which allows you to enjoy potentially better investment opportunities while earning an attractive interest rate via time deposits.
With an investment period of 6 months, you can now take a proactive approach to investing.
|Invest progressively to manage market volatility||Why invest progressively?|
Getting started on a progressive investment plan is as easy as 1-2-3.
How do I get started?
Example: 6-month Plan of RM30,000
- Deposit interest is not included in the illustrated example
- Time deposits are eligible for protection by PIDM
- Unit trust/Investment is not eligible for protection by PIDM
Investment products* are not deposits and are not obligations of, not guaranteed by, and not insured by, Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any government or insurance agency. Investment products are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
*For any Market Linked Investments issued by Citibank Berhad, please refer to the relevant product disclosure sheet for information on whether your investment is guaranteed by Citibank Berhad and insured by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM).
For the Citibank Account Terms and Conditions, click here.
- The Progressive Investment Plan ("Plan") is available until further notice by Citibank Berhad ("the Bank").
- The Plan comprises investments in unit trusts and placement of time deposits over a period of time. The investment amount required is a minimum of RM30,000 ("Plan Amount") and is payable in full upfront and invested in equal portions over a period of 6 months, as selected by you. The first portion is invested into unit trust(s) of your choice ("Investment Account") and the remaining portions are concurrently placed in several time deposits of equal principal amounts with maturities in consecutive months.
- Upon maturity of each time deposit, the principal and interest thereof will be transferred into your designated current or savings account ("the Account"). Consequently, you authorise the transfer of the principal amount from the Account to the Investment Account, and this amount shall be used to make payments for your subscriptions in the same unit trust(s) which you have chosen, and all charges that may be payable in respect of or in connection with such subscriptions.
- The subscription for the relevant unit trust will be made on the same day of the maturity of the time deposit, or if the maturity date is on a Public Holiday, Saturday or Sunday, it will be on the next working day.
- This Plan is only applicable to all unit trust funds with a minimum 2% sales charge which allows daily subscription.
- No subscription for any unit trust(s) selected by you shall be made other than on a working day. Notice shall be given to you by the Bank if the Bank in unable to proceed with any part of the Plan.
- You will enjoy preferential Time Deposit rates. However, these preferential Time Deposit interest rates are subject to change and will be different depending on when you sign up for the Plan. You may refer to a Personal Banker or Relationship Manager for the current preferential Time Deposit Interest rates. For avoidance of doubt, the specific preferential Time Deposit interest rate will not change during the duration of the Plan once you have subscribed to the Plan.
- You should be aware that the Plan will be terminated if:
a) deduction of the relevant amounts to subscribe for unit trust(s) is unsuccessful due to insufficient funds in your Account,
b) any of the time deposit(s) placed pursuant to the Plan is terminated prior to the Plan Maturity and not invested in unit trust(s), or
c) you reduce or withdraw all or any part of the Plan Amount prior to the Plan Maturity.
- Upon termination of the Plan, all and any fee waivers or any other benefits which may have been granted by the Bank in connection with the Plan at the point of subscription will be withdrawn. For avoidance of doubt, upon termination, the balance of any time deposit(s) (if any) will be credited into your Account and you may only receive partial interest or no interest (depending on the date of cancellation of the time deposits) which will also be credited to your Account (if any).
- Investors should be aware of the laws in their home countries with regard to banking with the Bank. The Bank shall not be liable for any loss or liability imposed on the investors by their home countries as a result of their non-compliance with any regulations, laws, or legal process of their home countries.
- The Bank's standard terms and conditions governing Time Deposit Accounts also apply to the Plan.
- The offer is not available in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- Unit trusts are obligations only of the relevant management companies and relevant trustees.
- These unit trusts are not bank deposits or other obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries (unless specifically stated), or by any local government or insurance agency, including Perbadanan Insurance Deposit Malaysia (PIDM), and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
- Past performance is not indicative of future performance; prices can go down or up.
- Investors investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal.
- This document does not constitute the making of any offer or invitation to subscribe for unit trusts nor does it amount to solicitation by Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries for subscription of unit trusts by anyone in any jurisdiction in which the making of such offer or invitation to subscribe or the solicitation thereof is not authorised or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer, invitation or solicitation.
- This document also does not constitute the distribution of any information by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution is not authorised or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document.
- Investment products (including unit trusts) are not available to US persons and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
- Investors should be aware that it is his/her responsibility to seek legal and/or tax advice regarding the legal and tax consequences of his/her investment transactions. If a customer changes residence, citizenship, nationality, or place of work, it is his/her responsibility to understand how his/her investment transactions are affected by such change and comply with all applicable laws and regulations as and when such becomes applicable.
- Citibank Berhad and its affiliates/subsidiaries do not provide legal and/or tax advice and are not responsible for advising a customer on the laws pertaining to his/her transaction.