CREDIT SHIELD SELECT is a non-participating yearly renewable credit insurance that offers insurance protection on the Outstanding Balance1 in respect of your Credit Card Facility with Citibank Berhad upon Death, Critical Illness and Hospitalisation.
A. Settles 100% of the Insured’s credit card’s Outstanding Balance1,
B. Pays an amount which is equal to the sum of Statement Balance2 of the past three (3) consecutive months* prior to the date of death or date of diagnosis of critical illness to:
The aggregate amount payable for A and B above shall be subject to a maximum of RM300,000 per Insured Card Member.
|CRITICAL ILLNESS BENEFIT|
Settles the credit card’s Outstanding Balance1.
In each calendar year, there shall only be one (1) claim on Hospitalisation Benefit per policy subject to a maximum of RM30,000 per Insured Card Member
* If the card issuance is less than three (3) months, 300% of the Outstanding Balance will be payable.
1 Outstanding Balance refers to the last statement balance of the Card Member, plus all unbilled fees, finance charges, late payment charges, instalment payments, retail / cash transactions and all other debits to the Credit Card Facility account transacted prior to the occurrence of death, diagnosis of Critical Illness, or the first day of Hospitalisation in accordance with the provisions under this Policy. New charges incurred after the occurrence of death, diagnosis of Critical Illness, or on or after the first day of Hospitalisation shall not be payable.
2 Statement Balance refers to the amount as stated in the monthly statement of the Insured Card Member’s Credit Card Facility account after Credit Shield Select takes effect, prior to the occurrence of death or diagnosis of Critical Illness, in accordance with the provisions under this Policy. Statement Balance is stated as Card Outstanding Balance in the Credit Card Statement.
- You only need to pay RM0.60 for every RM100 of your statement balance as at the monthly statement dates, to enjoy this insurance protection:-
- For example, if your monthly credit card has a statement balance of RM1,000, the premium charge for the month would be RM6.00.
- No premium will be charged for the first 30 days of cover.
- Hassle-free enrolment.
Citibank is the distributor of this insurance plan. Underwritten by AIA Bhd. (790895-D)
Citibank Principal Card Members aged 21 to 59 are eligible for Credit Shield Select without undergoing any medical examination – as long as you meet the health declaration criteria during the enrolment process.
Find Out More
- To know more about Credit Shield Select, please call Citibank at 03 - 2383 1100
(Monday – Friday, 9 am – 6 pm).
Death benefit will not be payable due to the following conditions:-
- Death from suicide within twelve (12) months from the Effective Date of Coverage; or
- Death, directly or indirectly, due to any illness occurring within thirty (30) days from the Effective Date of Coverage.
Critical Illness benefit will not be payable due to the following conditions:-
- Critical Illness occurring within sixty (60) days of the Effective Date of Coverage; or
- Critical Illness resulting from Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS-related complex or infection by Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV); or
- Any self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane, whether or not Critical Illness was caused directly or indirectly as a result of the said injury; or
- Pre-Existing Illness within the period of twelve (12) months before the Effective Date of Coverage.
Hospitalisation benefit will not be payable due to the following conditions:-
- Any Pre-Existing Illness; or
- Any medical or physical conditions arising within the first thirty (30) days of the Effective Date of Coverage, except for Injury; or
Specified Illness which mean the following Disabilities and its related complications:
- Hypertension, diabetes mellitus and Cardiovascular disease;
- All tumours, cysts, nodules, polyps, stones of the urinary system and biliary system;
- All ear, nose (including sinuses) and throat conditions;
- Hernias, haemorrhoids, fistulae, hydrocele, varicocele;
- Endometriosis including disease of the reproduction system;
- Vertebro-spinal disorders (including disc) and knee conditions; or
- Any medical or physical abnormalities existing at the time of birth, as well as neo-natal physical abnormalities developing within six (6) months from the time of birth; or
- Any Disability caused by self-destruction, intentional self-inflicted injuries, willful exposure to danger or any attempt of self-destruction while sane or insane; or
- War, declared or undeclared, strikes, riots, civil war, revolution, or terrorist activities, or any warlike operations; or
- Service in the armed forces in time of declared or undeclared war or while under orders for warlike operations or restoration of public order; or
- Any violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest; or
- Pregnancy, miscarriage or child birth; or
- Mental or nervous disorders, treatment of alcoholism, or drug abuse or any other complications arising from it or any drug accident not prescribed by a treating Doctor; or
- Elective/Plastic/Cosmetic surgery, circumcision (except circumcision due to infection), eye examination/elective surgery for visual impairments due to nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism or radial keratotomy; all corrective glasses, contact lenses and intraocular lens (except monofocal intraocular lenses in cataract surgery) or the use or acquisition of external prosthetic appliances or devices such as artificial limbs, hearing aids, and prescriptions; or
- Any form of dental care or Surgery unless necessitated by injury but excluding the replacement of natural teeth, placement of denture and prosthetic services such as bridges and crowns or their replacement; or
- Hospitalization primarily for investigatory purposes, diagnosis, X-ray examination, general physical or medical examinations, not incidental to treatment or diagnosis of a covered Disability or any treatment which is not Medically Necessary and any preventive treatments, preventive medicines or examinations carried out by a Physician, vitamins/food supplements and treatments specifically for weight reduction or gain; or
- Any treatment or investigation which is not Medically Necessary, or convalescence, custodial or rest care; or
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste from process of nuclear fission or from any nuclear weapon material.
The above list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance for the full list of exclusions.
- This write-up is for general information and is not to be construed as a contract of insurance. The precise terms, conditions and definitions of the insurance plan are specified in the Certificate of Insurance issued by AIA Bhd.
- This insurance product is obligation only of AIA Bhd. It is not a bank deposit or obligation of or guaranteed by Citibank Berhad, Citbank N.A., CitiGroup Inc., or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
- You should satisfy yourself that this insurance product will best serve your needs and objectives, and that the premium payable under the policy contract is an amount you can afford.
- There may be eligibility criteria to purchase this insurance product. An underwriting decision (if any) will be made by AIA Bhd. regarding the customer’s eligibility to purchase this insurance product.
- This document does not constitute the making of any offer or invitation to subscribe for insurance products nor does it amount to solicitation by Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., CitiGroup Inc., or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries for applications of insurance products by anyone in any jurisdiction in which the making of such offer or invitation to subscribe or the solicitation thereof is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer, invitation or solicitation.
- This write-up also does not constitute the distribution of any information by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document.
- This insurance plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. (790895-D) licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.