While you can't predict cancer, you can financially prepare yourself against it with the right protection plan. CancerCare is a comprehensive cancer insurance plan that resets your coverage to 100% a year after the diagnosis date of early stage cancer, and provides 100% payout of the sum assured upon plan maturity.
Features at a Glance
- Early Stage Cancer Benefit: You will receive 30% of the sum assured if you are diagnosed with early stage cancer.
- Cancer Benefit: You will receive 100% of the sum assured or Total Premiums Paid, whichever is higher, if you are diagnosed with cancer.
- Gender Specific Cancer Benefit: If you are diagnosed with a form of cancer that is specific to your gender (e.g. breast or ovarian cancer for females, testicular cancer for males), you will receive 200% of the sum assured or Total Premiums Paid, whichever is higher.
- Compassionate Benefit Upon Death: Your family will receive a lump sum payment if you pass away during the term of this cancer insurance plan.
- Cash Payout Benefit upon Maturity: When your cancer insurance plan ends at age 80, you will receive 100% of the sum assured.
- Different Coverage Options: There are 4 different cancer insurance plans for you to choose from, depending on your needs and affordability.
- Easy and Simple Enrolment Process: You will not be required to undergo a medical examination to apply for this cancer insurance plan.
Insured – 18 years old
Insured – 60 years old
- Any illness other than Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer as defined in this policy;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within 60 days from the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer arises directly or indirectly from a Pre-Existing Condition as defined, which existed prior to the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer where in Our opinion, was caused directly or indirectly by the existence of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or by the presence of any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection. We reserve the right to require the Insured to undergo a blood test for HIV as a condition precedent to acceptance of any claim. The exception is for HIV Infection Due to Blood Transfusion as defined in this Policy.
- The definition of AIDS shall be that used by the World Health Organization in 1987, or any subsequent revision by the World Health Organization of that definition.
- Infection shall be deemed to have occurred where blood or other relevant test(s) indicate in Our opinion either the presence of any HIV or Antibodies to such a Virus.
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer was diagnosed due, directly or indirectly, to a congenital defect or disease, which was manifested or was diagnosed before the Insured attains seventeen (17) years of age;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer which was caused by a self-inflicted injury; or
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer resulting directly from alcohol or drug abuse.
The above list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this Cancer Insurance policy.
- This insurance plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. (Co.No 790895-D) and its address is Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia. It is not a bank deposit or obligation of or guaranteed by Citibank Berhad, Citibank NA, CitiGroup Inc., or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
- This write-up is for general information and is not to be construed as a contract of insurance. The precise terms, conditions and definitions of the insurance plan are specified in the policy contract issued by AIA Bhd.
- Buying a cancer insurance policy is optional. You should satisfy yourself that this insurance product will best serve your needs and objectives, and that the premium payable under the policy contract is an amount you can afford.
- There may be eligibility criteria to purchase this insurance product. An underwriting decision (if any) will be made by AIA Bhd. regarding the customer's eligibility to purchase this insurance product.
- All claims under this Cancer Insurance Policy will be solely decided upon by the insurance company.
- Tax benefits (if applicable) are governed by local regulations and subject to changes in the tax laws. Citibank and its employees are not in the business of providing tax advice.
- This document does not constitute the making of any offer or invitation to subscribe for insurance products nor does it amount to solicitation by Citibank Berhad, Citibank N.A., CitiGroup Inc., or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries for applications of insurance products by anyone in any jurisdiction in which the making of such offer or invitation to subscribe or the solicitation thereof is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer, invitation or solicitation.
- This write-up also does not constitute the distribution of any information by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document.