Get instant cash conveniently any time.
Opportunities or other important needs tend to arise at the most unexpected moments. Citibank cash advance helps you solve your temporary cash needs instantly when an amazing opportunity or life's little emergencies arise.
Enjoy financial flexibility and more:
- Useful for emergencies: Get additional cash instantly at any banks' ATM worldwide OR over-the-counter at any Citibank branch worldwide.
- Greater spending power: Ensure you do not miss any deals where credit card payment is not accepted.
|Cash advance charges||5.3% of cash advance amount or minimum RM21.20, whichever higher|
|Cash advance interest rate||18% p.a. daily interest from total cash advance amount|
Here is how you can access a cash advance with your Citi credit card:
ATMs (Credit Card PIN required)*
How to setup your PIN
* If you do not have your Credit Card PIN, you may create your PIN via IVR or Citibank Online.
Kindly take note that the provided PIN is only temporary. To access Cash Advance through an ATM, you will have to change the PIN number through the below methods:
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)Call Card Activation and PIN Creation Hotline @ 03 2383 0011
> Select Language Option and enter Malaysian NRIC number.
> Select credit card.
> Input 6-digit One Time PIN (OTP).
> Enter your Card Expiry Date in MM/YY format.
> Enter your 6-digit PIN and confirm it.
Log in to your Citibank Online account> Service Menu
> My Profile
> Create Card PIN
If you have received your new "PIN & PAY" credit card, please use this PIN to perform Cash Advance withdrawals. To find out how to setup your PIN, click here.
Not a Citi cardmember yet? Apply for a Citi credit card now!
- The word "Card" means any credit card issued by Citibank Berhad (Company No. 297089 M) ("Citibank") and the word "Cardmember", means the holder of a Card applying for cash advance under these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions Citibank Card Terms and Conditions and all terms and conditions of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions will apply here with necessary changes having been made, having substituted new terms and with respective differences taken into consideration, but where there is any inconsistency between the two sets, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent it applies to cash advance. All expressions here will have the same meanings as set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions except where the context otherwise requires or where express stated to the contrary.
- A cash advance will be made available to the Cardmember subject to these terms and conditions.
- The Cardmember must meet the minimum acceptance criteria as determined by Citibank at its sole and absolute discretion at the time when the Cardmember applies for a cash advance. In particular, the Cardmember may only obtain cash advances when the Cardmember has sufficient available credit limit in the Cardmember's Card Account, the Card Account is valid and in good standing, has not been blocked, cancelled or terminated by Citibank and there has been no default in payment.
- The Cardmember may apply for a cash advance at any time by:
- calling CitiPhone anytime at 03-2383 0000 (Kuala Lumpur), 04-296 0000 (Penang) or 07-268 0000 (Johor Bahru) and making a verbal application to the CitiPhone Banking Officer; or
- making a verbal application to Citibank's telemarketing team; or
- completing in full the relevant cash advance section available on the Citibank credit card application form; or
- any other form prescribed by Citibank to make such an application.
- Upon receipt by Citibank of the Cardmember's application made in accordance with paragraph 4 above, the Cardmember's application will be entered into Citibank's system to be processed subsequently by Citibank.
- Approval of the Cardmember's application is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank. Citibank reserves the right to approve a cash advance of a lower amount than the amount requested by the Cardmember in the Cardmember's application.
- The cash advance approved by Citibank will be deposited into any one of the Cardmember's bank account(s) maintained with any bank, as specified by the Cardmember in the Cardmember's application, at least fourteen (14) days after Citibank's approval of the application. Charges (if any) imposed by the receiving bank in respect of the deposit of the cash advance into the Cardmember's bank account(s), including but not limited to commission charges imposed by the receiving bank in respect of clearing banker's cheque(s) issued by Citibank, will be borne by the Cardmember.
- Interest will accrue on the cash advance from the date of approval of the Cardmember's application until repayment in full at the current rate of 1.5% per month (or 18% per annum) or such other rate(s) as may be specified and modified by Citibank from time to time ("Cash Advance Interest").
- A fee will be imposed on the cash advance, and charged to the Cardmember's Card Account. For the applicable cash advance fee, please click here to see the applicable fees and charges.
- If the Cardmember request to cancel the Cardmember's cash advance application after the application has been entered into Citibank's system, the Cardmember is obligated to pay Citibank the Cash Advance Fee and Cash Advance interest calculated from the date of entry of the Cardmember's application into Citibank's system to the date of approval by Citibank of the Cardmember's cancellation request. Approval of the Cardmember's cancellation request is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank.
- The Cash Advance Fee will be reflected in the Cardmember's next monthly statement following Citibank's approval of the Cardmember's application. The Cardmember's monthly statement will show the Cash Advance Interest that has been accruing on the cash advance until the date of repayment in full.
- The Cardmember cannot earn Rewards points or cash rebates with cash advance unless otherwise stated by Citibank.
- All matters of dispute under the terms and conditions contained herein are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- Citibank reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time with prior notice. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by posting on its www.citibank.com.my website ("Website") or in any other manner which Citibank decides is suitable. The Cardmembers agree to access the Website regularly to view these Terms and Conditions and to ensure that they are kept-up to-date with any changes to these terms and conditions. The Cardmembers agree that their participation in the Cash Advance will be considered to be their acceptance of these terms and conditions (which may be changed).
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
Click here for Citibank Cash Advance Product Disclosure Sheet.