Use your Citibank Debit & ATM Card in your daily purchases wherever the Mastercard® logo is displayed, be it at the grocery store, dining at restaurants, filling up your vehicle with petrol, paying your bills or buying the perfect gift during your travels.
You may now access your cash and make purchases worldwide anywhere with the Citibank, Mastercard, Maestro or Cirrus acceptance marks.
All customers who have a Citibank Checking or Savings account aged 18 and above are eligible.
For new customers, just walk in to your nearest Citibank branch to open any of our Current or Savings account with the prescribed minimum deposit amount, and you will be issued the new and enhanced Citibank Debit & ATM Card instantly.
For existing customers, please call Citiphone or just walk in to your nearest Citibank branch to replace your card.
- Convenient access to your cash from anywhere in the world as it is accepted at more than 2 million ATMs worldwide and millions of Mastercard merchants globally.
- Protection against fraud and unauthorized or fraudulent retail or online purchases on your card, provided that:
- You have not acted fraudulently or dishonestly in using the card or in causing the loss or theft of the card or the disclosure of the PIN and
- Such transaction occurs after you have notified Citibank of the loss of your card or any suspected misuse of your card.
You are also entitled to enjoy special privileges at over 25,000 establishments under Citi World Privileges ranging from shopping to dining and entertainment worldwide.
Visit https://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ for an up-to-date list.
- Peace of mind when you travel as you no longer need to carry excessive cash or Traveler's Cheques.
Please activate your Citibank Debit and ATM Card through any of the following methods:
- Launch your citi mobile.
- Tap on "Activate your card" link.
- Enter your Debit Card number.
- Enter your 6 digit ATM PIN.
- If you are a registered mobile token user, kindly enter your unlock code else enter the SMS OTP send to the registered mobile phone number.
- Tap on "Activate Card" link.
Login to www.citibank.com.my. For first time users, click on 'Register'.
- Sign in and click on 'Services' and select 'My Profile'
- Select 'Card Activation' and input One Time PIN (OTP)
- Select the card to be activated
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and confirm it
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Call Card Activation and PIN Creation Hotline @ 03-23830011 03-23830011.
- Text ACT<space><Last 4 digits of card no>.
- Example: If your card number ends with '4653' then SMS 'ACT 4653' to 36700.
- Activate your card at a Citibank ATM or any ATM that carries a MEPS, Mastercard / Cirrus / Maestro or VISA / PLUS logo.
- If your card is a replacement card, your 6-digit PIN will be the same as your existing PIN.
Of course, please call CitiPhone or walk in to your nearest Citibank branch and we can perform this request for you immediately.
- There is a daily limit of RM5,000 for ATM withdrawals and RM5,000 for retail transactions, for Citibanking and Citi Priority customers. For Citigold customers, the daily limit is RM10,000 for ATM withdrawals and RM10,000 for retail transactions.
Yes, you may change your daily limit by calling CitiPhone.
- Your Citibank Debit & ATM Card is embedded with an EMV-compliant SmartChip.
- All transactions require your authorisation via PIN or signature.
- Fraud Alert: We will contact you if at any time we detect any suspicious transactions.
- Pre-set Debit Limit: This limit is pre-set at RM5,000 and RM10,000 respectively for Citibanking and Citigold customers. To lower it, you may call CitiPhone at 03-2383 0000 03-2383 0000 (Kuala Lumpur), 04-296 0000 04-296 0000 (Penang), 07-268 0000 07-268 0000 (Johor) or 1-800-82-1010 1-800-82-1010 (East Malaysia).
For joint account holders, customers in an "AND" relationship will not be issued any Citibank Debit & ATM Card, while customers in an "OR" relationship type will receive 2 cards.
Separate cards allow each cardholder to maintain their own limit and PIN. There are no supplementary cards for Citibank Debit & ATM Card.
Simply look out for the Mastercard logo at the merchant premises.
Should you not have sufficient funds in your Current or Savings account, the transaction will be rejected. No temporary increase of transaction limit is available for the Citibank Debit & ATM Card.
No. EPP or FPP is not applicable for Citibank Debit & ATM Card but you can enjoy this facility with your Citibank credit card.
If you do not have a Citibank credit card, just log on to our website at citibank.com.my and apply online.
No, there are no charges or fees for debit / retail transactions or ATM withdrawals performed on Citibank ATMs. There is however a standard transaction fee that is charged if withdrawal is performed on any non-Citibank ATMs. Please visit our website for further details.
No. There is no annual fee charged to the Citibank Debit & ATM Card.