- COVID-19 Support
In light of the current COVID-19 situation and the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO), you may be experiencing a longer wait time to get through to our Contact Centre. We ask for your kind understanding as we do our very best to ensure all your needs are looked after. As always, we are here for you and with you at all times.
Loan Repayment Flexibility for Customers Affected by Covid-19
Citi will provide targeted moratorium extension and provision of repayment flexibility for the following:
- Individuals who lost their jobs in 2020 and have yet to find a job may apply for an extension of the loan moratorium for a further 3 months.
- Individuals who are still in employment but whose salaries have been affected due to COVID-19 will be offered the following options for a period of 6 months:
- A reduction in loan instalment by 50% (applicable for Unsecured Loans)
- Interest/Rental only payment and may also apply for a 6 months tenure extension (applicable for Mortgage Loan/Financing and Overdraft products)
Please submit your application here.
In these unprecedented times, we realize that many of our treasured customers might find themselves in a challenging situation.
In line with Bank Negara Malaysia’s announcement on efforts by financial institutions to assist individuals and SMEs to manage the impact of the COVID -19 outbreak, Citi is offering a series of financial relief program for our valued customers, effective 1 April 2020.
Key highlights of this program:-
- Eligible customers will not need to make any payments for 6 months (from April to September 2020) for eligible Citi products, and there will be no late fees or penalty charges imposed.
- Citi will not compound interest for eligible deferred loan / financing amount.
- We have prepared a set of FAQs that includes what the deferment covers, whether you qualify and the impact this has on your future repayments. Please do take the time to read these carefully and should you still have questions, please contact our Contact Centre.
For more details, please click here (+)
Deferment Program for Loans / Financing Highlights:
- Temporary deferment of loan / financing repayment (deferment period) for 6 months. This will be automatically applied to eligible individual / SME customers holding eligible products, such as housing loans, commercial property loans, overdrafts, unsecured loans and ready credit accounts.
- During the deferment period, eligible borrowers / customers under the program are not required to make any repayments. There will be no late payment charges or penalties imposed. However, please note that the interest / financing charges will continue to be imposed on the deferred loan / financing repayments, but will not be compounded. Upon the expiry of the deferment period, your repayment will be adjusted accordingly (based on your product holding) to reflect the interest / financing charges imposed as well as the deferred principal payment during the deferment period.
- To be eligible for the Deferment Program, there should be no overdue payment from your account for more than 90 days.
For more information on the Deferment Program for Unsecured Loans/Financing Terms & Conditions, click here.
Relief Conversion Plan for Credit Cards Highlights:
- Conversion on the customer’s outstanding cash and retail balance into an instalment loan at an effective interest rate of 13% per annum for 36 months. This will automatically apply to customers upon missing their 3rd credit card payment.
- Customers may choose to enroll to the conversion plan by calling our Contact Centre.
- Customers who are more than 90 days past due will not be automatically enrolled.
- The customer can apply for a Deferment Program on the aforementioned instalment loan. The customer’s credit card can still be used, but the minimum payment due (excluding the converted balances under the relief plan) will still have to be honored during the deferment period.
For more details on the eligibility criteria, applicable products and other terms, click here.
For information on payment/ repayment options available to assist you upon the expiry of the Citibank Financial Relief Measures, please refer here.
For your safety, please continue to stay home. Do keep a lookout for our SMS notifications to facilitate arrangements for the above program. Should you need to discuss, we’ll be able to support you online or by phone. Also, do check out our self-help feature on the Citi Mobile® App and Citibank Online.
Stay Safe and Bank Smart
Credit Card Relief Conversion Plan
Want to enroll into our Credit Card Relief Conversion Plan? Please SMS either one of following options to 66399 using the mobile number registered with Citi.
|SMS Action||For the following request|
|BALCONVERT<space>16-digit card no||To convert to 36-month term loan only|
|PAYDEFER<space>16-digit card no||To convert to 36-month term loan and also 6 months deferment
*If you have already enrolled into the Relief Conversion Plan (36-month term loan),
you may send this SMS solely for the 6-month deferment.*
Key details of the plan:
- Upon enrolment, your eligible balances will be converted into the Relief Conversion Plan at 13% EIR for a 36-month tenure. Click here to refer to the Relief Conversion Plan Product Disclosure Sheet and here for the Terms and Conditions.
- Eligible balances include the outstanding balances (billed and unbilled retail, cash and Balance Transfer amounts, excluding unbilled instalments for manual enrolment) on the day of conversion.
- Conversion will be processed within 7 business days from the date of enrolment / request.
- The aforementioned 6-month deferment only applies to the amount converted under the Relief Conversion Plan. You will still be obligated to honor the minimum payment due in the event of any new outstanding balances to your credit card.
- Do check your Citi Flexi Bill offers on Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online before considering this Relief Conversion Plan.
Please refer here to opt-out for other products.
The well-being of our employees and customers remain our top priority. We continue to monitor developments closely and have put in place precautionary measures during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO).
For your safety and the safety of others, we encourage customers and visitors who are feeling unwell or suspect that they may have been exposed to COVID-19 to avoid visiting our offices or branches and promptly seek medical care.
Citi continues to be accessible through our digital banking channels, including Citi Mobile® App and Citibank Online at www.citibank.com.my. Contact Centre services are available and operating as usual as well.
For more branch related information during RMCO, please refer here.
Beware of Covid-19 Phishing Scams
Fraudsters are known to take advantage during periods of change and uncertainty. They may pretend to be legitimate merchants selling masks or other products to entice customers into clicking links to make payments and reveal their banking details such as One-Time-PIN (OTPs) on fake websites.
We must all be vigilant when it comes to suspicious activities and take the necessary precaution to safeguard ourself from phishing:
- Do not allow yourself to be rushed and pressured into executing a banking related request.
- Do not respond to unsolicited links or emails.
- Do listen to your instincts. Be prepared to question anything that feels wrong and verify before making any transactions.
- Do not ever share your OTP / account number /CVV/ expiry date with any caller.
- Do not answer unknown callers .
- Verify the legitimacy of any agency calling you by a quick online search
At Citi, we would never ask for your personal information or for you to provide banking details such as PINs or passwords via social media or email.
Always enter the Citibank website address www.citibank.com.my or "www.citigold.com.my" directly into your browser address bar before you log in to ensure that you are on the legitimate Citibank website. For more security tips, kindly refer to www.citibank.com.my/security
Should you receive messages from suspicious sources, please contact our Contact Centre immediately.
Bank Smart in the comfort of your home
Stay home and bank at your own convenience as all our services are available on Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
• Register for Citibank Online
• Download the app here:
Learn more about Citi Mobile® App here.
Delay in Delivery of Physical Statements
Due to impacted services during RMCO, kindly expect a delay in the delivery of your hardcopy account statement/ transaction advice during this period.
We encourage you to enroll for eStatement/ eAdvice here
We hope that the situation will improve soon in order for us to resume all our services.
Frequently Asked Questions on Financial Relief Measures
For more information on the financial relief program, please refer here