- COVID-19 Support
In line with the recent Budget 2021 announcement, Citi remains committed to extend the targeted repayment assistance measures to support our customers in the B40 and M40 group. These measures will be made available to eligible customers from 23 November 2020. Please submit your application here.
If you are a M40 customer, please note that the enrolment period for Expanded Targeted Repayment Assistance Program has ended on 31 December 2020.
For more information on Expanded Targeted Repayment Assistance Program for B40, M40 and Microenterprises, please refer here.
Loan Repayment Flexibility for Customers Affected by Covid-19
Citi will provide targeted moratorium extension and provision of repayment flexibility for the following:
|Reason for Loan repayment restructure & reschedule request||Applicable Products||Program Type|
|Loss of job||All products (except Credit Cards)||Extension of Loan Moratorium (“Deferment Program”) for 3 months (applicable for all Citi Instalment Loans and Unsecured Term Loans, Ready Credit, Mortgage Loan/Financing and Overdraft products)|
|Income reduction||Citi Instalment Loans and Unsecured Term Loans||Reduction of monthly loan instalment by 50% (applicable for Citi Instalment Loans and Unsecured Term Loans)|
|Mortgage Loan/Financing and Overdraft products (except Citibank Home Financing-i product, Amortizing Revolving Mortgage and Overdraft Loans)||Interest/rental payment and optional extension of loan tenor (applicable for Mortgage Loan/Financing)|
|All products(except Credit Cards)||Rescheduled or Restructured repayment plan (applicable for all Citi Instalment Loans and Unsecured Loans, Ready Credit, Mortgage Loan/Financing and Overdraft products)|
Please submit your application here.
For more information on Repayment Assistance Program for Loans/Financing, please refer here.
Loan Tenor Extension for existing Mortgage customers upon expiry of 6-month Deferment Programme for Mortgage Loan/ Financing and Overdraft Products
Should you foresee any difficulty in resuming your existing monthly mortgage loan/ financing and overdraft payments/repayments and would like to have a lower monthly loan repayment, please submit your request for a loan tenor extension for a period of 6 months to us.
Submit your request here.
In these unprecedented times, we realize that many of our treasured customers might find themselves in a challenging situation.
In line with Bank Negara Malaysia’s announcement on efforts by financial institutions to assist individuals and SMEs to manage the impact of the COVID -19 outbreak, Citi is offering a series of financial relief program for our valued customers, effective 1 April 2020.
Key highlights of this program:-
- Eligible customers will not need to make any payments for 6 months (from April to September 2020) for eligible Citi products, and there will be no late fees or penalty charges imposed.
- Citi will not compound interest for eligible deferred loan / financing amount.
- We have prepared a set of FAQs that includes what the deferment covers, whether you qualify and the impact this has on your future repayments. Please do take the time to read these carefully and should you still have questions, please contact our Contact Centre.
For more details, please click here (+)
Deferment Program for Loans / Financing Highlights:
- Temporary deferment of loan / financing repayment (deferment period) for 6 months. This will be automatically applied to eligible individual / SME customers holding eligible products, such as housing loans, commercial property loans, overdrafts, unsecured loans and ready credit accounts.
- During the deferment period, eligible borrowers / customers under the program are not required to make any repayments. There will be no late payment charges or penalties imposed. However, please note that the interest / financing charges will continue to be imposed on the deferred loan / financing repayments, but will not be compounded. Upon the expiry of the deferment period, your repayment will be adjusted accordingly (based on your product holding) to reflect the interest / financing charges imposed as well as the deferred principal payment during the deferment period.
- To be eligible for the Deferment Program, there should be no overdue payment from your account for more than 90 days.
For more information on the Deferment Program for Unsecured Loans/Financing Terms & Conditions, click here.
Relief Conversion Plan for Credit Cards Highlights:
- Conversion on the customer’s outstanding cash and retail balance into an instalment loan at an effective interest rate of 13% per annum for 36 months. This will automatically apply to customers upon missing their 3rd credit card payment.
- Customers may choose to enroll to the conversion plan by calling our Contact Centre.
- Customers who are more than 90 days past due will not be automatically enrolled.
- The customer can apply for a Deferment Program on the aforementioned instalment loan. The customer’s credit card can still be used, but the minimum payment due (excluding the converted balances under the relief plan) will still have to be honored during the deferment period.
For more details on the eligibility criteria, applicable products and other terms, click here.
For information on payment/ repayment options available to assist you upon the expiry of the Citibank Financial Relief Measures, please refer here.
For your safety, please continue to stay home. Do keep a lookout for our SMS notifications to facilitate arrangements for the above program. Should you need to discuss, we’ll be able to support you online or by phone. Also, do check out our self-help feature on the Citi Mobile® App and Citibank Online.
Stay Safe and Bank Smart
Credit Card Relief Conversion Plan
The enrolment period for this program has ended on 31 December 2020. Should you require any financial assistance, please reach out to Citibank Contact Centre.
The well-being of our employees and customers remain our top priority. We continue to monitor developments closely and have put in place precautionary measures during this period.
For your safety and the safety of others, we encourage customers and visitors who are feeling unwell or suspect that they may have been exposed to COVID-19 to avoid visiting our offices or branches and promptly seek medical care.
Citi continues to be accessible through our digital banking channels, including Citi Mobile® App and Citibank Online at www.citibank.com.my. Contact Centre services are available and operating as usual as well.
Beware of Covid-19 Phishing Scams
Fraudsters are known to take advantage during periods of change and uncertainty. They may pretend to be legitimate merchants selling masks or other products to entice customers into clicking links to make payments and reveal their banking details such as One-Time-PIN (OTPs) on fake websites.
We must all be vigilant when it comes to suspicious activities and take the necessary precaution to safeguard ourself from phishing:
- Do not allow yourself to be rushed and pressured into executing a banking related request.
- Do not respond to unsolicited links or emails.
- Do listen to your instincts. Be prepared to question anything that feels wrong and verify before making any transactions.
- Do not ever share your OTP / account number /CVV/ expiry date with any caller.
- Do not answer unknown callers .
- Verify the legitimacy of any agency calling you by a quick online search
At Citi, we would never ask for your personal information or for you to provide banking details such as PINs or passwords via social media or email.
Always enter the Citibank website address www.citibank.com.my or "www.citigold.com.my" directly into your browser address bar before you log in to ensure that you are on the legitimate Citibank website. For more security tips, kindly refer to www.citibank.com.my/security
Should you receive messages from suspicious sources, please contact our Contact Centre immediately.
Bank Smart in the comfort of your home
Stay home and bank at your own convenience as all our services are available on Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
• Register for Citibank Online
• Download the app here:
Learn more about Citi Mobile® App here.