What is Citi Mobile® Token?
Citi Mobile® Token is a feature within Citi Mobile® App that can generate a One-Time PIN (OTP) for your online banking transactions, as an alternative authentication method to OTP via SMS. Please note that the Citi Mobile® Token will need to be paired to a mobile device of your choice.
What are the benefits of Citi Mobile® Token?
The benefits of Citi Mobile® Token include:
1) Security - Online transactions are protected by a 6-digit Unlock Code chosen by you, and paired only to one mobile device of your choice.
2) Instant - Enter your 6-digit Unlock Code to instantly authenticate all your online transactions. You no longer need to wait for your One-Time PIN (OTP) via SMS.
3) Convenient - Authenticates all online transactions including payments and transfers, adding a new payee and updating contact details.
I lost my mobile device. How can I disable my Citi Mobile® Token?
You may disable your Citi Mobile® Token through the following method:
1) Login to Citibank Online and follow this path: Services > My Profile > Citi Mobile® Token Deactivation.
2) Enable Citi Mobile® Token on another mobile device. This will automatically disable the Citi Mobile® Token tied to your lost mobile device.
I have a new mobile device. How can I enable Citi Mobile® Token?
Enable Citi Mobile® Token on your new mobile device. This will automatically disable the Citi Mobile® Token tied to your previous mobile device.
I have entered my 6-digit Unlock Code incorrectly three times (or more), and I am unable to proceed now. What do I do?
Can I use Citi Mobile® Token on my old mobile device after enabling it on my new device?
For security reasons, Citi Mobile® Token will be paired to one device only. If you have enabled Citi Mobile® Token on a new device, it will automatically be disabled on the previous device. Therefore, you will not be able to generate One-Time PIN (OTP) on the previous device.
How can I use Citi Mobile® Token?
Citi Mobile® Token can be used to authenticate all transactions on Citi Mobile® instantly by entering your Unlock Code. You can also generate a One-Time PIN (OTP) with your Unlock Code to authenticate all transactions on Citibank Online.
How can I enable Citi Mobile® Token?
You can enable Citi Mobile® Token by following the steps below.
1) Login to Citi Mobile®.
2) Tap on the "Profile" button located on the top left corner. Next, click on "Manage Citi Mobile® Token".
3) Select "Unlock Code" and key in the One-Time PIN (OTP) sent to you via SMS.
4) Create your 6-digit Unlock Code.
Why do I need to create a 6-digit Unlock Code in order to use Citi Mobile® Token?
As the Unlock Code is created by you and known only to you, it will as such only allow you access to the Citi Mobile® Token on your mobile device. For security reasons, please remember your Unlock Code and do not share it with anyone else.
Can I still use One-Time PIN (OTP) via SMS after enabling Citi Mobile® Token?
Yes, you may still use OTP via SMS as an alternative to Citi Mobile® Token. However, a Citi Mobile® Token via your unique Unlock Code will authenticate your transactions on Citi Mobile® instantly without the need to wait for an OTP via SMS.
I have enabled the Citi Mobile® Token on my mobile device. Am I able to use my Citi Mobile® Token to perform a transaction on another mobile device?
Yes, you would be able to do so with the steps below.
1) Launch the Citi Mobile® App on your other mobile device. A screen prompting you to enter your One-Time PIN (OTP) will be displayed when you are performing a transaction / activity that requires an OTP.
2) On your Citi Mobile® Token enabled device, select "Citi Mobile ® Token" on the login screen.
3) Enter your 6-digit Unlock Code.
4) An OTP will be generated by your Citi Mobile® Token.
Enter this OTP on the screen of your other mobile device where your transaction / activity is being performed.
Your transaction / activity will be completed upon the successful authentication of the OTP.
How do I use the Citi Mobile® Token when performing transactions on my Citi Mobile® App?
Simply enter your 6-digit Unlock Code when prompted. Once the authentication is successful, your transaction / activity will automatically be completed.
Can I use the Citi Mobile® Token without installing the Citi Mobile® App?
No, you will not be able to use the Citi Mobile® Token without installing the Citi Mobile® App. Click here to download the Citi Mobile® App.
I forgot my 6-digit Unlock Code. What should I do?
You can reset your Unlock Code by logging in to Citi Mobile® App and following the steps below.
1) Tap on the "Profile" button located on the top left corner.
2) Click on "Manage Citi Mobile® Token".
3) Select "Reset Unlock Code".