Enjoy more flexibility when you convert your retail transactions to Citibank FlexiPayment Plan.
Now you can make a purchase anywhere around the world and manage your finances better. FlexiPayment Plan helps you get what you want by converting your credit card transactions into affordable monthly instalments.
From now till 31 July 2015, convert your AirAsia purchase(s) into 0% FlexiPayment Plan!
Click here for Terms & Conditions.
Price: RM500 This could be yours for only RM18/month
Price: RM1,000 This could be yours for only RM36/month
Price: RM2,000 This could be yours for only RM72/month
Price: RM5,000 This could be yours for only RM180/month
- Convert your purchases into fixed monthly instalments.
- Minimum amount for conversion is RM500 (this can be from single or accumulated retail transactions).
- Flat Interest Rate between 9.84% - 10.57% p.a. for Effective Interest Rate (EIR) of 17.9%
- Flexible tenures available from 6 - 36 months (designed to fit your lifestyle)
Convert your transactions and pay from as low as RM18 per month.
Flat Interest Rate Equivalent by tenure
|EIR||6 months||12 months||18 months||24 months||30 months||36 months|
|FlexiPayment Amount (RM)||Monthly Repayment Amount (RM)|
*The effective annual interest rate will vary from 5.9% p.a. to 17.9% p.a.
Make a purchase of at least RM500 with your credit card.
Select the purchase you wish to convert to FlexiPayment Plan and decide on the repayment tenure.
And it's done! Your first instalment will be shown in your next statement.
Purchases that you wish to convert into FlexiPayment Plan must not yet be billed into your statement.
Your FlexiPayment Plan application will be subject to Citibank's approval.
The word "Card" means all credit cards issued by Citibank Berhad ("Citibank") and the word "Cardmember" means the holder of a Card participating in the FlexiPayment Plan or FPP (defined below). These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, which will apply here with necessary changes having been made, having substituted new terms and with respective differences taken into consideration, but where there is any inconsistency between the two sets, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent it applies to the FlexiPayment Plan or FPP (defined below). All expressions here will have the same meanings as set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions except where the context otherwise requires or where express stated to the contrary.
"FPP" means Citibank FlexiPayment Plan which allows the Cardmember to repay certain Card transaction(s) in monthly instalments in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- FPP is open to selected Citibank principal Cardmember accounts ("Card Account") only.
- Only Cardmembers with good standing or whose Card Accounts are not in default or in breach of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions or are in over limit are eligible to apply for the FPP. The Cardmember must meet the minimum acceptance criteria determined by Citibank when the cardmember applies to Citibank for the FPP.
- The Cardmember must specify in the application to Citibank the individual purchase transaction ("Single Purchase") and/or multiple purchase transactions ("Multiple Purchases") (collectively, the "Purchase(s)" and reference to a Purchase is either or a combination of them, as the case may be), which the Cardmember wishes to convert under the FPP ("FPP Amount"). Only Purchase(s) that fulfill these terms and conditions can be converted under the FPP. The FPP does not apply to cash and cash based transactions, instalment amounts payable under other Citibank programs such as Citibank EasyPay (EP), Dial-For-Cash (DFC), annual fees, carry forward balances and other charges under the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The minimum amount eligible for conversion under the FPP is RM500 for a Single Purchase and an aggregated minimum amount of RM500 in total for Multiple Purchases. This limit may be varied by Citibank at any time and from time to time.
- A Purchase can only be converted under the FPP if the Purchase has been debited to the Card Account but have not been recorded in the current statement of account forming part of the outstanding Current Balance due at the point of the conversion into the FPP Amount under the FPP.
- FPP will not earn Rewards and/or Cash Back accumulation.
Subject to Clause 17 below, Cardmembers must pay interest ("FPP Interest") on the FPP Amount and for the FPP Tenure (defined below). The applicable interest rate will be charged on the FPP Amount and will be computed based on a reducing balance basis. The effective interest rate will be calculated from the date of approval of the FPP Amount. Interest for the first monthly instalment will be computed from the date of such approval to the next immediate statement of account cycle date while interest for subsequent monthly instalments will be computed from one statement of account cycle date to the next statement of account cycle date.
Loan Amount : RM10,000
Effective Interest Rate: 17.9%
Tenure : 12 Months
Month Outstanding Loan (RM) Instalment (RM) Interest (RM) Principal Repayment (RM) 1 10,000.00 916.32 149.17 767.16 2 9,232.84 916.32 137.72 778.60 3 8,454.24 916.32 126.11 790.21 4 7,664.03 916.32 114.32 802.00 5 6,862.02 916.32 102.36 813.97 6 6,048.06 916.32 90.22 826.11 7 5,221.95 916.32 77.89 838.43 8 4,383.52 916.32 65.39 850.94 9 3,532.59 916.32 52.69 863.63 10 2,668.96 916.32 39.81 876.51 11 1,792.44 916.32 26.74 889.59 12 902.86 916.32 13.47 902.86
The Cardmember must in the application choose a period of time for the payment of the Purchase(s) ("FPP Tenure") under FPP. The choice of the FPP Tenure is as follows but subject to any changes as may be made by Citibank from time to time:
FPP Amount Choice of FPP Tenure RM500 and above 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months
During the FPP Tenure, the FPP Amount in aggregate with the FPP Interest (defined above) must be paid by way of equal monthly instalments, "FPP Monthly Instalment"). The Cardmember is not at liberty to change the FPP Tenure and/or the FPP Monthly Instalment.
- The approval or otherwise of the cardmember's application will be subject to, among others:-
- the status of the Cardmember's Card Account;
- the status of the transaction at the point of conversion; and
- the discretion of Citibank as it deems fit in any case.
- Subject always to Clause 8 above, the FPP Monthly Instalment will be billed to the Cardmember's Card Account commencing on the immediate next statement of account date following Citibank's approval of the Cardmember's application.
- In the event of any delay or failure to pay any FPP Monthly Instalment in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the Cardmember's statement of account ("instalment default payment event"), such charge as is applicable to the Ordinary Transactions in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions ("Finance Charge") will apply to the FPP Monthly Instalment amount to which is outstanding. Despite so and in addition to the above, in the event of three (3) or more consecutive instalment default payment events, all monies due and owing under the FPP, comprising of the total outstanding FPP Monthly Instalment and the total unbilled principal of the FPP, together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of all other monies due and owing under the FPP will be due and payable by the Cardmember.
- Subject to Citibank's approval, the Cardmember may at anytime cancel his participation in the FPP or elect for early settlement of the FPP Amount by calling CitiPhone or such other method as may be determined by Citibank from time to time. Upon such cancellation or early termination or in the event the Cardmember cancels the Card, the Cardmember must pay Citibank the total outstanding principal under the FPP, together with an early termination penalty of 5% of the total outstanding principal under the FPP for such early termination or cancellation.
- Without prejudice to Clause 11 above, if the Cardmember is in breach of any provisions of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions or these terms and conditions or in the event of cancellation of the Card or termination of the Card Account or the Card Account whether voluntarily or involuntarily closed for whatever reason, all monies due and owing under the FPP, comprising of the total outstanding FPP Instalment and the total unbilled principal of the FPP together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of other monies owing under the FPP will immediately become due and payable by the Cardmember and Citibank may as it deems fit, charge it to the Card Account where the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions will apply to all the said instalments or balance remaining, without prejudice to the rights and remedies of Citibank under the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The Finance Charge is chargeable if the FPP Monthly Instalment is not received by Citibank in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account. Any unpaid FPP Monthly Instalment outstanding on the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account may be capitalized on each Payment Due Date and subject to the applicable finance charges until full repayment of the outstanding amounts. Therefore and in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions in the event the amount stated in any monthly statement of account to be the Specified Minimum Payment is not received in full, the applicable finance charges shall be levied on the unpaid balance which may include the FPP Monthly Instalment or part of it in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The FPP Monthly Instalment forms part of the Cardmember's Specified Minimum Payment as defined in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions stated as due in the Cardmember's statement of account or any other written Communication sent by Citibank.
- The Cardmember can apply more than once for FPP so long as the Cardmember qualifies for the FPP in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Despite the provisions relating to respective rates, manner and time of payment and modes of computation contained in these, Citibank is entitled at any time and from time to time to vary such rates, manner and time of payment and/or modes of computation in any manner by giving notice to the Cardmember. Without prejudice to the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions on Communications, the manner of notice, time of effect and the effect of such variation would be in accordance with the Clause 18 below.
- The FPP is valid only up till the FPP Tenure or any other extended date(s) as Citibank may specify from time to time. For the avoidance of any doubt:
- Nothing contained here will be construed as an obligation on Citibank to extend the FPP;
- Citibank reserves the right to, as it deems fit, vary or change these terms and Conditions from time to time with prior notice by way of posting on Citibank Online found at www.citibank.com.my ("Website"), or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. The Cardmembers agree to access the Website regularly to view these terms and conditions and to ensure that they are kept-up to-date with any changes to these terms and conditions. The Cardmembers agree that their participation in the FPP will be considered to be their acceptance of these terms and conditions (which may be varied or changed). Citibank also reserves the right to, as it deems fit, replace wholly or in part the FPP by another scheme, whether similar or not, or to withdraw in altogether; and
- To the full extent permitted by law, Citibank will not be responsible for and disclaims all liability to any actions, claims, damages, costs, charges and expenses which Cardmembers may suffer, sustain or incur by reason of Cardmembers' enrollment in the FPP.
- All matters of disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- Citibank reserves the right to describe any of the expressions contained here in a different manner in the statement of account and such descriptions in the statement of account will not be construed against Citibank as having a different meaning stated here.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
- This Cash Back & Rewards Points Promotion ("Promotion") organized by Citibank Berhad (Company No. 297089-M) ("Citibank") will run from 1 Nov 2014 to 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Promotion Period").
- These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, FlexiPayment Plan (FPP) Terms and Conditions and Balance Conversion (BC) Terms and Conditions.
(All terms and definitions used here, unless expressly stated, has the same meaning in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, FlexiPayment Plan (FPP) Terms and Conditions and Balance Conversion (BC) Terms and Conditions. Please visit www.citibank.com.my for more details.)
- Subject to these terms and conditions, this Promotion is by invitation ONLY and is open to selected existing Citibank Credit Cardmembers ("Eligible Cardmembers", each, an "Eligible Cardmember") who has each received a short message service (SMS), and/or a call from Citibank ("Invitation"). Each Eligible Cardmember who receives an invitation becomes eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Promotion:
- all permanent and/or contract employees of Citibank (including its subsidiaries and related companies), including their respective immediate family members (meaning parents, spouse, children and siblings);
- holder (s) of any Citibank Card(s) not issued in Malaysia;
- holder (s) of any Citibank Card(s) who is (are) in default of any facilities granted by Citibank at any time during the Promotion Period, subject to Citibank's discretion; and/or
- any Citibank customer who has committed or suspected to have committed any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to his/her Citibank Card Account or any facility of service granted by Citibank, including Citibank Online, defined as www.citibank.com.my.
- To participate in the Promotion, the Eligible Cardmember must apply for a FlexiPayment Plan ("FPP") and/or Balance Conversion ("BC") under the Promotion within the Promotion Period, amounting to a total of RM8,000. The applications must be successfully approved no later than 14 May 2015. For the avoidance of doubt, approval of applications is at the discretion of Citibank.
- For the avoidance of doubt, "successfully approved" means that the Eligible Cardmember's application for FPP and/or BC has actually been approved by Citibank and booked into system. Conditional approvals of applications which may be received by an Eligible Cardmember from Citibank are not deemed to be successfully approved. An Eligible Cardmember may enquire about his/her application approval status by contacting CitiPhone at 03-2383 0000.
- Each Eligible Cardmember is allowed to participate in this Promotion once per month during the campaign period. For the avoidance of doubt, "once per month" means that the Eligible Cardmember can only receive up to a maximum of RM50 Cash Back or 12,500 Citi Rewards Points as specified in Clause 8 and Clause 10 once per month during the promotion period.
An Eligible Cardmember will receive RM50 Cash Back if he/she applies for a FPP and/or BC amounting to a total of RM8,000 for the following Citibank Credit Cards:
- Citibank Cash Back Platinum
- Citibank Business Platinum
- Shell-Citi Credit Card
- Citi PremierMiles American Express Card
- AirAsia-Citi Credit Card
- The Cash Back of RM50 will be credited into the Eligible Cardmember's account 8-12 weeks after the application approval date.
- An Eligible Cardmember will receive 12,500 Citi Reward Points if he/she applies for a FPP and/or BC amounting to a total of RM8,000 for the following Citibank Credit Cards:
- Citi Prestige Card
- Citi Rewards Platinum Card
- Citi Platinum Card
- Citi Clear Card
- Citi Choice Card
- Citi Gold Card
- The 12,500 Citi Reward Points will be awarded into the Eligible Cardmember's account 8-12 weeks after the application approval date.
- Eligible Cardmembers' may choose to do the following with their Citi Reward Points:
- Maintain the Citi Rewards Points; or
- Use the Citi Reward Points to redeem Gift(s) under the "Citibank Rewards Program".
- Redemption is subject to the provisions of Clause 4 "Gift Redemptions" and Clause 5 "Delivery of Gifts" of the "Citibank Rewards Program Terms and Conditions" which is accessible via www.citirewards.com.
- In the event the Eligible Cardmember applies for a FPP and/or BC amounting to a total of RM8,000 in:
- a card listed in Clause 8 and a card listed in Clause 10, the Eligible Cardmember will receive 12,500 Citi Reward Points in his/her card listed in Clause 10. If during the Fulfillment Period his/her card listed in Clause 9 for any reason is invalid to receive the 12,500 Citi Reward Points, RM50 Cash Back will be credited into the Eligible Cardmembers' card listed in Clause 8.
- two cards listed in Clause 8 the RM50 Cash Back will be credited into any one of the two cards.
- two cards listed in Clause 10, the 12,500 Citi Reward Points will be credited into any one of the two cards.
- If during the Fulfillment Period, Citibank discovers that the Eligible Cardmember is a person who:
- is not eligible for the Campaign; and/or
- has committed or is suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to his use of any Citibank services or facilities (including Citibank Online)
- Citibank's decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be final and binding.
- Only Eligible Cardmembers who have complied with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions and who are of good credit standing meaning to say that they have not defaulted in any payment on Payment Due Date, who have not exceeded their respective Card Credit Limits and/or who have not defaulted in any other facilities granted by Citibank are eligible for any application of FPP and/or BC.
- Citibank will notify the Eligible Cardmember within 14 days of receipt of the application if the application is successful. If the Eligible Cardmember does not receive such notification, it will be deemed that the application is not successfully approved. In carrying out the FPP and/or BC, Citibank will not be responsible to the Eligible Cardmember for any penalty, fees, interest or any other charges incurred by the Eligible Cardmember to the Other Licensed institution caused by a delay or failure of Citibank in paying the Outstanding Balance. Citibank will not be responsible for releasing the Eligible Cardmember from his/her responsibilities towards the Other Licensed Institution (if any).
- For the avoidance of doubt:
- Citibank reserves the right to, as it deems fit, vary or change these terms and conditions with prior notice by way of posting on Citibank Online found at http://www.citibank.com.my/ ("Website"), or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. The Eligible Cardmembers agree to access the Website regularly to view these terms and conditions and to ensure that they are kept-up to-date with any variation or changes to these terms and conditions. Citibank also reserves the right to, as it deems fit, replace wholly or in part the FPP and/or BC by another scheme, whether similar or not, or to withdraw in altogether; and
- To the full extent permitted by law, Citibank will not be responsible for and disclaims all liability to any actions, claims, damages, costs, charges and expenses which the Eligible Cardmember may suffer, sustain or incur by reason of the Eligible Cardmember's enrollment in the FPP and/or BC.
- The approved FPP and/or BC will not earn any Rewards Points and/or cash rebates even though the Card held by the Eligible Cardmember may normally earn Rewards Points or the Card is a cash-back credit card, other than as stated in Clause 7 and 9.
- Citibank reserves the right to describe any of the expressions stated here in a different manner in the statement of account and such descriptions in the statement of account will not be construed against Citibank as having a different meaning stated here.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, these terms and conditions shall not affect the operation of existing FlexiPayment Plan (FPP) Terms and Conditions and Balance Conversion (BC) Terms and Conditions governing the FPP and BC approved before or after the Promotion Period.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
Other Terms and Conditions
Click here for Citibank FlexiPayment Plan Product Disclosure Sheet.