Enjoy more flexibility when you convert your retail transactions to Citibank FlexiPayment Plan.
Now you can make a purchase anywhere around the world and manage your finances better. FlexiPayment Plan helps you get what you want by converting your credit card transactions into affordable monthly instalments.
From now till 31 July 2015, convert your AirAsia purchase(s) into 0% FlexiPayment Plan!
Click here for Terms & Conditions.
Price: RM500 This could be yours for only RM18/month
Price: RM1,000 This could be yours for only RM36/month
Price: RM2,000 This could be yours for only RM72/month
Price: RM5,000 This could be yours for only RM180/month
- Convert your purchases into fixed monthly instalments.
- Minimum amount for conversion is RM500 (this can be from single or accumulated retail transactions).
- Flat Interest Rate between 9.84% - 10.57% p.a. for Effective Interest Rate (EIR) of 17.9%
- Flexible tenures available from 6 - 36 months (designed to fit your lifestyle)
Convert your transactions and pay from as low as RM18 per month.
Flat Interest Rate Equivalent by tenure
|EIR||6 months||12 months||18 months||24 months||30 months||36 months|
|FlexiPayment Amount (RM)||Monthly Repayment Amount (RM)|
*The effective annual interest rate will vary from 5.9% p.a. to 17.9% p.a.
Make a purchase of at least RM500 with your credit card.
Select the purchase you wish to convert to FlexiPayment Plan and decide on the repayment tenure.
And it's done! Your first instalment will be shown in your next statement.
Purchases that you wish to convert into FlexiPayment Plan must not yet be billed into your statement.
Your FlexiPayment Plan application will be subject to Citibank's approval.
The word "Card" means all credit cards issued by Citibank Berhad ("Citibank") and the word "Cardmember" means the holder of a Card participating in the FlexiPayment Plan or FPP (defined below). These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, which will apply here with necessary changes having been made, having substituted new terms and with respective differences taken into consideration, but where there is any inconsistency between the two sets, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent it applies to the FlexiPayment Plan or FPP (defined below). All expressions here will have the same meanings as set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions except where the context otherwise requires or where express stated to the contrary.
"FPP" means Citibank FlexiPayment Plan which allows the Cardmember to repay certain Card transaction(s) in monthly instalments in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- FPP is open to selected Citibank principal Cardmember accounts ("Card Account") only.
- Only Cardmembers with good standing or whose Card Accounts are not in default or in breach of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions or are in over limit are eligible to apply for the FPP. The Cardmember must meet the minimum acceptance criteria determined by Citibank when the cardmember applies to Citibank for the FPP.
- The Cardmember must specify in the application to Citibank the individual purchase transaction ("Single Purchase") and/or multiple purchase transactions ("Multiple Purchases") (collectively, the "Purchase(s)" and reference to a Purchase is either or a combination of them, as the case may be), which the Cardmember wishes to convert under the FPP ("FPP Amount"). Only Purchase(s) that fulfill these terms and conditions can be converted under the FPP. The FPP does not apply to cash and cash based transactions, instalment amounts payable under other Citibank programs such as Citibank EasyPay (EP), Dial-For-Cash (DFC), annual fees, carry forward balances and other charges under the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The minimum amount eligible for conversion under the FPP is RM500 for a Single Purchase and an aggregated minimum amount of RM500 in total for Multiple Purchases. This limit may be varied by Citibank at any time and from time to time.
- A Purchase can only be converted under the FPP if the Purchase has been debited to the Card Account but have not been recorded in the current statement of account forming part of the outstanding Current Balance due at the point of the conversion into the FPP Amount under the FPP.
- FPP will not earn Rewards Points and/or Cash Back accumulation.
Subject to Clause 17 below, Cardmembers must pay interest ("FPP Interest") on the FPP Amount and for the FPP Tenure (defined below). The applicable interest rate will be charged on the FPP Amount and will be computed based on a reducing balance basis. The effective interest rate will be calculated from the date of approval of the FPP Amount. Effective interest rate on FlexiPayment Plan is computed on a 360-day year throughout the tenure. For avoidance of doubt, the first month’s instalment will be pro-rated on a 360-day year computed from the approval date to the next immediate statement cycle date and billed in the next immediate statement cycle. For subsequent months until the end of the tenure, the effective interest rate will be computed from one statement cycle date to the next statement cycle date.
Loan Amount : RM10,000
Effective Interest Rate: 17.9%
Tenure : 12 Months
Month Outstanding Loan (RM) Instalment (RM) Interest (RM) Principal Repayment (RM) 1 10,000.00 916.32 149.17 767.16 2 9,232.84 916.32 137.72 778.60 3 8,454.24 916.32 126.11 790.21 4 7,664.03 916.32 114.32 802.00 5 6,862.02 916.32 102.36 813.97 6 6,048.06 916.32 90.22 826.11 7 5,221.95 916.32 77.89 838.43 8 4,383.52 916.32 65.39 850.94 9 3,532.59 916.32 52.69 863.63 10 2,668.96 916.32 39.81 876.51 11 1,792.44 916.32 26.74 889.59 12 902.86 916.32 13.47 902.86
The Cardmember must in the application choose a period of time for the payment of the Purchase(s) ("FPP Tenure") under FPP. The choice of the FPP Tenure is as follows but subject to any changes as may be made by Citibank from time to time:
FPP Amount Choice of FPP Tenure RM500 and above 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months
During the FPP Tenure, the FPP Amount in aggregate with the FPP Interest (defined above) must be paid by way of equal monthly instalments, "FPP Monthly Instalment"). The Cardmember is not at liberty to change the FPP Tenure and/or the FPP Monthly Instalment.
- The approval or otherwise of the cardmember's application will be subject to, among others:-
- the status of the Cardmember's Card Account;
- the status of the transaction at the point of conversion; and
- the discretion of Citibank as it deems fit in any case.
- Subject always to Clause 8 above, the FPP Monthly Instalment will be billed to the Cardmember's Card Account commencing on the immediate next statement of account date following Citibank's approval of the Cardmember's application.
- In the event of any delay or failure to pay any FPP Monthly Instalment in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the Cardmember's statement of account ("instalment default payment event"), such charge as is applicable to the Ordinary Transactions in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions ("Finance Charge") will apply to the FPP Monthly Instalment amount to which is outstanding. Despite so and in addition to the above, in the event of three (3) or more consecutive instalment default payment events, all monies due and owing under the FPP, comprising of the total outstanding FPP Monthly Instalment and the total unbilled principal of the FPP, together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of all other monies due and owing under the FPP will be due and payable by the Cardmember.
- Subject to Citibank's approval, the Cardmember may at anytime cancel his participation in the FPP or elect for early settlement of the FPP Amount by calling CitiPhone or such other method as may be determined by Citibank from time to time. Upon such cancellation or early termination or in the event the Cardmember cancels the Card, the Cardmember must pay Citibank the total outstanding principal under the FPP, together with an early termination penalty of 5% of the total outstanding principal under the FPP for such early termination or cancellation.
- Without prejudice to Clause 11 above, if the Cardmember is in breach of any provisions of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions or these terms and conditions or in the event of cancellation of the Card or termination of the Card Account or the Card Account whether voluntarily or involuntarily closed for whatever reason, all monies due and owing under the FPP, comprising of the total outstanding FPP Instalment and the total unbilled principal of the FPP together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of other monies owing under the FPP will immediately become due and payable by the Cardmember and Citibank may as it deems fit, charge it to the Card Account where the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions will apply to all the said instalments or balance remaining, without prejudice to the rights and remedies of Citibank under the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The Finance Charge is chargeable if the FPP Monthly Instalment is not received by Citibank in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account. Any unpaid FPP Monthly Instalment outstanding on the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account may be capitalized on each Payment Due Date and subject to the applicable finance charges until full repayment of the outstanding amounts. Therefore and in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions in the event the amount stated in any monthly statement of account to be the Specified Minimum Payment is not received in full, the applicable finance charges shall be levied on the unpaid balance which may include the FPP Monthly Instalment or part of it in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- The FPP Monthly Instalment forms part of the Cardmember's Specified Minimum Payment as defined in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions stated as due in the Cardmember's statement of account or any other written Communication sent by Citibank.
- The Cardmember can apply more than once for FPP so long as the Cardmember qualifies for the FPP in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Despite the provisions relating to respective rates, manner and time of payment and modes of computation contained in these, Citibank is entitled at any time and from time to time to vary such rates, manner and time of payment and/or modes of computation in any manner by giving notice to the Cardmember. Without prejudice to the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions on Communications, the manner of notice, time of effect and the effect of such variation would be in accordance with the Clause 18 below.
- The FPP is valid only up till the FPP Tenure or any other extended date(s) as Citibank may specify from time to time. For the avoidance of any doubt:
- Nothing contained here will be construed as an obligation on Citibank to extend the FPP;
- Citibank reserves the right to, as it deems fit, vary or change these terms and Conditions from time to time with prior notice by way of posting on Citibank Online found at www.citibank.com.my ("Website"), or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. The Cardmembers agree to access the Website regularly to view these terms and conditions and to ensure that they are kept-up to-date with any changes to these terms and conditions. The Cardmembers agree that their participation in the FPP will be considered to be their acceptance of these terms and conditions (which may be varied or changed). Citibank also reserves the right to, as it deems fit, replace wholly or in part the FPP by another scheme, whether similar or not, or to withdraw in altogether; and
- To the full extent permitted by law, Citibank will not be responsible for and disclaims all liability to any actions, claims, damages, costs, charges and expenses which Cardmembers may suffer, sustain or incur by reason of Cardmembers' enrollment in the FPP.
- All matters of disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- Citibank reserves the right to describe any of the expressions contained here in a different manner in the statement of account and such descriptions in the statement of account will not be construed against Citibank as having a different meaning stated here.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
Click here for Citibank FlexiPayment Plan Product Disclosure Sheet.