Transfer your balances from other banks' credit cards to your Citibank credit card and convert them into monthly instalments.
Fill in your details below to apply now!
- Flexible monthly instalment tenure of 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months
- Flat Interest Rate between 5.32% - 5.81% p.a. which is equivalent to Effective Interest Rate (EIR) of 9.9% p.a.
- Better financial management by consolidating all your other bank credit cards balances to Citibank credit card.
Transfer your outstanding balance and for every RM 1000, pay as low as RM 32.23 per month!
Flat interest rate equivalent by tenure (months)
|EIR||6 months||9 months||12 months||18 months||24 months||30 months||36 months|
|Balance Transfer via Instalment Amount (RM)||Monthly Repayment Amount (RM)|
To apply, simply leave us your contact and our sales representative will call you back on the next business day
Alternatively, call CitiPhone at 03-2383 0000 (Kuala Lumpur), 04-296 0000 (Penang), 07-268 0000 (Johor Bahru) or 1800 82 1010 (Sabah & Sarawak) anytime, any day to request for Dial-For-Cash. Upon approval, we will deposit your cash into any of your preferred savings or checking account.
Not a Citibank cardmember yet? Apply Now!
The word "Card" means any credit card issued by Citibank Berhad (Company No. 297089 M) ("Citibank") and the word "Cardmember", means the holder of a Card participating in the Balance Transfer via Instalment Plan or BTI (defined below). These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, which will apply here with necessary changes having been made, having substituted new terms and with respective differences taken into consideration but where there is any inconsistency between the two, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent it applies to the Balance Transfer via Instalment Plan or BTI (defined below). All expressions here will have the same meanings as set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions except where the context otherwise requires or where express stated to the contrary.
"BTI" means the Balance Transfer Program via Instalment Plan offered by Citibank, which allows a Cardmember of good credit standing to transfer the whole or part of his/her Outstanding Balance (as defined below) to any Citibank Card Account held by the Cardmember and convert it to a monthly instalment plan together with the applicable interest and fees.
"Outstanding Balance" means the outstanding balance (including fees, accrued interest, finance charges and other charges) as shown in the latest account statement(s) from any principal card account of any credit card held in the Cardmember's name issued by Other Licensed Institution (as defined below).
"Other Licensed Institution" means any other banks or banking and finance companies situated in Malaysia licensed under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 which issues credit cards apart from Citibank.
"Amount Transferred" means the whole or part of the Outstanding Balance that is transferred by Citibank to the Cardmember's Card Account by debiting the Cardmember's Card Account pursuant to the BTI.
"Instalment Limit" means a new credit limit given to the Cardmember for BTI only which may be varied by Citibank at any time, and which is subject to all laws, regulations, directives and guidelines governing the Card.
You agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The BTI is made available to the Cardmember subject to these terms and conditions. Citibank has the right to, as it deems fit, transfer the whole or part of the Outstanding Balance as applied by the Cardmember.
- Only Cardmembers who have complied with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions and who are of good credit standing meaning to say that they have not defaulted in any payment on Payment Due Date, who have not exceeded their respective Card Credit Limits and/or who have not defaulted in any other facilities granted by Citibank are eligible for the BTI.
- Unless waived by Citibank, the Cardmember must submit the latest bank statement(s) of account from Other Licensed Institutions and other documents that may be required by Citibank to process the application for BTI.
- If approved by Citibank, the Outstanding Balance will be transferred within 14 days of Citibank's receipt of the relevant documents. However, Citibank may postpone or refuse the application for BTI on grounds such as the following:
- if the Outstanding Balance to be transferred exceeds the Cardmember's available Credit Limit under the Cardmember's Card Account;
- if the Outstanding Balance does not meet the minimum prescribed BTI amount (currently at RM1,000, unless determined otherwise by Citibank);
- if the Cardmember has committed or is suspected of committing any fraudulent or wrongful acts in relation to the use of his/her Card and/or other facilities or service granted by Citibank; and/or
- in any event, at Citibank's discretion as it deems fit.
- Citibank will notify the Cardmember within 14 days of receipt of the application if the application is successful. If the Cardmember does not receive such notification, it will be deemed that the application is not successfully approved. In carrying out the BTI, Citibank will not be responsible to the Cardmember for any penalty, fees, interest or any other charges incurred by the Cardmember to the Other Licensed institution caused by a delay or failure of Citibank in paying the Outstanding Balance. Citibank will not be responsible for releasing the Cardmember from his/her responsibilities towards the Other Licensed Institution (if any).
- Subject to Clause 7 below, the Cardmember may either receive the Instalment Limit which can be utilized for the BTI or use the Cardmember's existing Card Credit Limit for the BTI.
- Unless the Instalment Limit is granted, a debiting of the Cardmember's Card account with the Amount Transferred will be considered to be a utilization of the Cardmember's existing available Credit Limit. For the avoidance of any doubt, the Cardmember's Credit Limit will be made available to the Cardmember again upon a repayment of the amount.
The Amount Transferred is subject to an effective interest rate as determined by Citibank ("BTI Interest") throughout the BTI Tenure (as defined below) which is calculated on a reducing balance repayment method. The effective interest rate payable by the Cardmember will be calculated from the date of approval of the Amount Transferred. Depending on when the BTI is approved, interest for the first monthly instalment will pro-rated as interest for the first monthly instalment will be calculated from the date of such approval to the date of the next statement and after that, interest will be calculated from the date of one statement to the other.
BTI AMOUNT : RM10,000
EFFECTIVE INTEREST RATE: 9.9% PER annum
TENURE (MTHS) : 12
MONTHLY INSTALMENT : RM 87.87
Month Outstanding Principal (Beginning) (RM) BTI Monthly Instalment (RM) BTI Interest (RM) Principal Deduction (RM) Outstanding Principal (Ending) (RM) 0 87.87 1,000.00 1 1,000.00 87.87 8.25 79.62 920.38 2 920.38 87.87 7.59 80.28 840.1 3 840.1 87.87 6.93 80.94 759.17 4 759.17 87.87 6.26 81.61 677.56 5 677.56 87.87 5.59 82.28 595.28 6 595.28 87.87 4.91 82.96 512.32 7 512.32 87.87 4.23 83.64 428.68 8 428.68 87.87 3.54 84.33 344.35 9 344.35 87.87 2.84 85.03 259.32 10 259.32 87.87 2.14 85.73 173.59 11 173.59 87.87 1.43 86.44 87.15 12 87.15 87.87 0.72 87.15 0
- For avoidance of doubt, if there are any changes to the applicable interest rates after the approval of the Cardmember's BTI application, the BTI will still be charged with the BTI interest rate locked-in at the point of the Cardmember's BTI approval.
The Cardmember must select the tenure ("BTI Tenure") for the repayment of the Amount Transferred together with the BTI Interest in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The choice of the BTI Tenure is as follows subject to any changes (or any other period) that may be made by Citibank:
Amount Transferred Choice of BT Tenure RM1,000 and above 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36 months
During the BTI Tenure, the Amount Transferred together with BTI Interest will be billed in equal monthly instalment (each, a "BTI Monthly Instalment"), except for the first instalment which will be adjusted accordingly, if the BTI is approved other than on the statement date, BTI Interest calculated for the next statement will be pro-rated . Cardmembers cannot change the BTI Tenure or the BTI Monthly Instalment.
The BTI Monthly Instalments will be billed to the Cardmember's Card Account, starting on the next statement date immediately following Citibank's approval of the Cardmember's application.
In the event of any delay or failure to pay any BTI Monthly Instalment in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the Cardmember's monthly statement ("Instalment Default Payment"), such charge as is applicable to the Ordinary Transactions in accordance with the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions ("Finance Charge") will apply to the BTI Monthly Instalment amount which is outstanding. Any unpaid BTI Interest outstanding on the Payment Due Date specified in the statement may be capitalized on each Payment Due Date and subject to the Finance Charge until full repayment of the outstanding amounts. Notwithstanding and in addition to the above, in the event of three (3) or more consecutive BTI Monthly Instalment Default Payments, all monies due and owing under the BTI, comprising of the total of the outstanding BTI Monthly Instalments and total of any unbilled principal of the Amount Transferred, together with the applicable finance charges and balance of all other monies due and owing under the BTI will be due and payable by the Cardmember.
- Subject to Citibank's approval, the Cardmember may at any time, by calling CitiPhone Banking, cancel the BTI and apply for early settlement of the BTI by paying the total of the outstanding BTI Monthly Instalments and total of any unbilled principal of the Amount Transferred. Citibank may provide for any other method of cancellation. If the cancellation is made before half (1/2) of the BTI Tenure has passed, the Cardmember will pay Citibank an additional RM100 early settlement fee ("Early Settlement Fee"). If the BTI Tenure consists of an odd number of months, the term "half of the BTI Tenure" means the next nearest whole month (e.g. 5 months in the case of BTI Tenure of 9 months). For the avoidance of doubt, the Early Settlement Fee will be charged on each BTI booked and subsequently terminated before reaching half of the BTI Tenure.
- Without affecting Clause 12 above, if the Cardmember is in breach of the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions or these Terms and Conditions or in the event of cancellation of the Card or termination of the Card Account or closure of the Card Account for whatever reason, all monies owing under the BTI comprising of the total outstanding BTI Monthly Instalment and the total unbilled principal of the BTI together with the applicable finance charges and balance of other monies owing under the BTI will immediately become due and payable by the Cardmember and Citibank may as it deems fit, charge it to the Card Account where the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions will apply to all the said instalments or balance remaining without prejudice to the rights and remedies of Citibank under the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions.
- Each BTI Monthly Instalment forms part of the Cardmember's Specified Minimum Payment, as defined in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions, which will be stated as due in the Cardmember's statement of account or any other Communication given by Citibank. The applicable charge will be made on any unpaid balance of the BTI Monthly Instalment.
- Even if there are provisions relating to respective rates, manner and time of payment and modes of computation referred to here, Citibank may, with notice, vary such rates, manner and time of payment and modes of computation by giving notice to the Cardmember. Without prejudice to the provisions set out in the Citibank Card Terms and Conditions on Communications, the manner of notice, time of effect and the effect of such variation will be in accordance with Clause 16 below.
- The BTI is valid only up till the BTI Tenure or any other extended date(s) as Citibank may specify. To avoid doubt:
- Nothing here will be considered to be a responsibility of Citibank to extend the term of the BTI;
- Citibank reserves the right to vary or change these terms and conditions by posting on its www.citibank.com.my website ("Website") or in any other manner which Citibank decides is suitable. The Cardmembers agree to access the Website regularly to view these terms and conditions and to ensure that they are kept-up to-date with any variation or changes to these terms and conditions. The Cardmembers agree that their participation in the BTI will be considered to be their acceptance of these terms and conditions (which may be varied or changed). Citibank also reserves the right to, as it deems fit, replace the BTI with another scheme or to remove it altogether; and
- To the full extent permitted by law, Citibank will not be responsible for and disclaims all liability to any actions, claims, damages, losses, costs, charges and expenses which Cardmembers may suffer, sustain or incur by reason of Cardmembers' participation in the BTI.
- The Amount Transferred in accordance with the BTI will not earn Rewards Points and/or cash rebates even though the Card held by the Cardmember may normally earn Rewards Points or the Card is a cash-back credit card.
- Citibank reserves the right to describe any of the expressions set out here in a different manner in the statement of account but such descriptions in the statement of account will not affect the meanings of the expressions set out here.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
Click here for Citibank Balance Transfer via Instalment Plan Product Disclosure Sheet.