Greater savings, credit card offers, and more shopping with Giant-Citi Credit Card.
Save BIG and enjoy up to 5% rebate at Giant and special credit card member prices whenever you shop at Giant Malaysia with your Giant cash back credit card.
Top 3 reasons to get a Giant-Citi Credit Card
- Great Credit Card Offers with as high as 5% rebates on Giant purchases everyday.
- Up to 2% rebates on selected Dining and Utilities merchants.
- Rebates all year long with the best cash rebate credit card!
Your monthly rebates
Spend per month
Selected Dining and Utilities
*Assumption: Same spend every month for 12 months
For Giant cardmembers:
You'll also benefit from personalized assistance with this cash back credit card, whenever you need it with Citibank's 24-hour Gold-On-Call Assistance. These privileges include:
- We'll book your travel, golf and spa packages and hotel accommodation for almost anywhere in the world.
- Customized travel itinerary to cater to your different needs.
- Travel advisory on visa requirements, weather, vaccination and more.
- Complimentary delivery of air tickets within Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Penang and Johor Bahru.
- Complimentary RM80 travel voucher with a minimum spend of RM3,500* on ground package only.
- Insurance benefits that cover:
- Purchase Protection (up to RM12,000 limit per item, or up to RM30,000 limit per occurrence)
- Refund Protection (up to RM1,500 limit per item, or up to RM6,000 limit per occurrence)
- Overseas Personal Accident up to RM100,000
*Operated by Holiday Tours and Travel Sdn Bhd
- Emergency roadside assistance such as jump start your car, have your car tyres changed, request for batteries, petrol to be delivered to you and towing service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NOTE: Valid till 1 July 2013.
- Cost of roadside repairs is fully borne by the cardmember (service charges applicable). For towing charges, cardmembers will be charged at the following rates:
- 7am to 7pm: RM1.00 per km (minimum charge of RM80).
- 7pm to 7am: RM1.50 per km (minimum charge of RM80).
Towing distance is calculated from workshop to breakdown site to towing destination.
Call Asia Assistance hotline at +603 7628 3888 +603 7628 3888
*Operated by Asia Assistance Network Sdn. Bhd.
- Optional upgrade for Gold cardmember, to upgrade your roadside assistance facility with the AA Auto Assist program at just RM25 per annum. The upgraded package includes:
- 24-hour Emergency Towing and Minor Roadside Repairs. Just call the toll free number and Asia Assistance will send its authorised mechanics to take care of minor repairs. Should towing be required, we shall arrange for your car to be towed to your preferred workshop. AA Auto Assist will bear costs of up to RM300 per vehicle, for both roadside repairs and towing.
- Car rental assistance.
- Arrangements for Hotel Accommodation.
- Referral to service centres.
Call Asia Assistance hotline at +603 7628 3888 +603 7628 3888
*Operated by Asia Assistance Network Sdn Bhd.
*Terms and conditions apply
Citibank World Privileges allows you preferential treatment and discounts of up to 50% at over 25,000 establishments, worldwide for dining, shopping, golfing and travel.
- With your Giant-Citi Credit Card, you can also enjoy access to exclusive healthcare packages carefully selected to help you look after your well-being and maintain your health.
- 20% discount on all established Executive Screening Packages (excluding medical officers and specialists' consultation fees)
- 15% discount on all walk-in hospital room rates (only from RM120.00 and above)
- For enquiries and appointment, please visit www.kpjhealth.com.my for details of specialist hospitals in the KPJ Healthcare Network.
- Privilege is valid at 20 participating hospitals only. Please refer to list of participating hospitals.
- Promotions, promotional events and screening packages may vary and are subject to availability at the participating hospital. Please call the respective hospital for more details.
- The following discount is only applicable if payment is fully paid via Giant-Citi Credit Card.
*Operated by KPJ. Terms and conditions apply.
|Balance Transfer Rate||Click here to view the latest offer|
|Finance Charges for Purchases||
8.88% p.a. (daily interest) - Cardmembers with prompt payments of more than 50% of their monthly outstanding balances for 12 consecutive months.
15% p.a. (daily interest) - Cardmembers with prompt payments of less than or equal to 50% of their monthly outstanding balances for 12 consecutive months.
17% p.a. (daily interest) - Cardmembers with prompt payments for 10 or more months in the last 12 months.
18% p.a. (daily interest) - Cardmembers who do not fall within the above categories.
|Cash Advance||5% of cash amount (min RM 20) and 18% per annum daily interest.|
|Interest Free Period||20 days from the statement date and applicable only for cardmember who pays in full on or before the payment due date. If cardmember opts to pay partial or minimum payment, finance charges for retail transactions will be calculated from the day transactions are posted to the card account.|
|Maximum Credit Limit||RM450,000|
|Annual Fee||RM120.00 per annum|
|Tier||Total Monthly Spend1(Giant Spend + Other Spend)||Rebate on Giant Spend||Rebate on selected Dining & Utilities2|
|2||RM800 and above||5%||2%|
Your maximum monthly Giant spend to earn rebates is capped at RM400 for Tier 1 and RM600 for Tier 2. Total annual rebates earned is capped at RM600.
Selected Dining & Utilities merchants2
|Dining||Utilities (*Rebates rewarded for Auto-billing/ One bill transactions only)|
|Chicken Rice Shop||Digi|
|Nando's||Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd|
Manage Your Account
- Credit Card Account Information
- Online Bill Payment
- Mobile Bill Payment
- Mobile Prepaid Reload
- Fund Transfer
- Citi Alerts
- Rewards Redemption
All lost bankcards e.g. credit cards, debit cards and ATM cards will be cancelled within minutes upon notification.
|Card Protection Assistance||Coverage|
|Complimentary 24-hour loss reporting line for ALL cards||Yes|
|Fraud protection due to lost / stolen cards (before loss reporting)||RM4,400*|
|Fraud protection due to lost / stolen cards (after loss reporting)||RM300,000|
|* RM440 per card, up to a maximum of 10 cards.|
|Minimum Income Requirement||RM24,000 per annum|
|Minimum Age For Principles Cardholders||21 years old|
|Minimum Age For Supplementary Additional Cardholders||18 years old|
Applying for a Giant-Citi Credit Card is simple. The application process should take less than 10 minutes of your time to complete if you have all your personal details ready at hand.
Here's How You Can Apply:
Required Document for New-To-Bank applicants:
|Type of Applicants||Documents Required|
|Salaried Employee||Photocopy of MyKad (both sides)|
Latest EPF Statement
Latest 2 months salary slip*
Any of the following documents where required.
|Self- Employed||Photocopy of MyKad (both sides)|
Photocopy of Business Registration form
Latest Form B with tax receipt
6 months bank statements
|Salaried Expatriate (Only applicable for credit card applications)||Copy of Passport|
Latest 2 months salary slip*
Work permit valid for at least six months at the time of application
Letter of employment
*Number of months of salary slip required will depend on the job nature of applicants
- Click on the "Apply Now" button.
- Fill up the online application form.
- We'll contact you on the following business day.
Criteria For Application
|Minimum Income Requirement||RM 24,000 per annum|
|Minimum Age||21 years old|
|Minimum Age For Additional Cardholders||18 years old|
Specific Terms and Conditions ("these Terms and Conditions") applicable to Citibank's "Giant-Citi Credit Card" Special Rebate Campaigns ("Campaigns", and each, a "Campaign")
These Terms and Conditions shall be read together with Citibank's General Terms and Conditions for the Giant-Citi Credit Card.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Campaign(s):
To enroll in a Campaign, an Eligible Giant-Citi Credit Cardmember is required to send a short message service text ("SMS") to Citibank only BEFORE or DURING the Campaign Period, and NOT AFTER the Campaign Period, as follows:-
Type"[the keywords as advertised] your Giant-Citi Credit Card
SMS to 36700
[eg: FEST XYZ 432204888888888]
Each Eligible Giant-Citi Credit Cardmember who receives an SMS confirmation from Citibank ("Participant") shall be entitled to participate in the Campaign and to receive the Rebate (as hereinafter defined).
The standard SMS cost of RM0.30 for each SMS shall be borne by the Participant.
The term "Rebate" means the rebate as specified for each Campaign by way of advertisements in major newspapers or via any other form of communication used by Citibank, which is a certain percentage of the sum of money spent by the Participant using his/her Giant-Citi Credit Card on any "Qualifying Retail Transaction" in the specified Giant Outlet(s) or all Giant outlets during the Campaign Period. For the avoidance of doubt, during the Campaign Period, the Participant will be entitled to the Rebate under the Campaign only instead of the usual rebate which he/she may be entitled to in accordance with Citibank's General Terms and Conditions for the Giant-Citi Credit Card and/or any other rebate offered by any other Campaign in respect of the Giant-Citibank Brand Credit Card during such Campaign Period.
The term "Qualifying Retail Transaction" means any retail purchases of Giant Products and Services at the specified Giant Outlet(s) or all Giant outlets.
For the purposes of the Campaign, the following are NOT Qualifying Retail Transactions:
Citibank reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from receiving the Rebate if any payment on his/her Citibank credit card account has been due for thirty (30) days or more, or if Citibank believes that his/her credit card account has been operated fraudulently or if any of his/her accounts with Citibank has been closed by Citibank for any reason whatsoever.
The Rebate will be subject to a maximum of RM50 per Participant throughout the entire Campaign Period. For the avoidance of doubt, any Rebate earned during the Campaign Period shall form part of the maximum rebate of RM600 in a period of 12 months as stated in Citibank's General Terms and Conditions for the Giant-Citi Credit Card.
Citibank shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, epidemic, pandemic, fire, flood, drought, storm, technical or system failures or any event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
Citibank's decisions on all matters relating to the Campaign, including the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and the determination of Eligible Giant-Citi Credit Cardmembers and Participants shall be final and binding and no further correspondence or attempts to dispute such decisions will be entertained.
The following expressions shall bear the following meanings:-
"Co-Brand Card" means the principal and/or supplementary Giant-Citi Credit Card issued by Citibank, imprinted with Giant's logo and/or any other name, logo and/or trademark determined by Citibank;
"Co-Brand Cardmember" means the Principal and/or Supplementary Co-Brand Cardmembers;
"Citibank" means Citibank Berhad (Company no. 297089-M) a licensed financial institution operating under the trade name "Citibank", a company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 and licensed under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 and having its registered address at Level 45, Menara Citibank, 165 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
"GCHR" means GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 667035-P), a company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 and having its registered address at Mezzanine Floor, Giant Hypermarket Shah Alam Stadium, Lot 2 Persiaran Sukan, Seksyen 13, 40100 Shah Alam, Selangor;
"Giant Stores" means any retail stores, supermarkets and/or hypermarkets managed and operated under the trade name "Giant" by GCHR in Malaysia;
"Giant Products and Services" means the products and services offered at any Giant Stores;
"Maximum Monthly Cap for Total Giant Spend" means the maximum monthly cap on the Total Giant Spend charged to the Co-Brand Cards for purposes of computation of the Rebates earned by a Principal Co-Brand Cardmember;
"Selected Dining and Utilities" means the selected dining outlets and utility merchants in Malaysia which are specified in Schedule A as may be amended by Citibank from time to time;
"Other Citibank Cards" means any Citibank credit cards issued by Citibank other than the Co-Brand Card;
"Program" means the program under the Co-Brand Card which entitles any Principal Co-Brand Cardmember to earn Rebates for purposes of the redemption of Giant voucher(s) in accordance with these terms and conditions;
"Rebates" means rebates earned by a Principal Co-Brand Cardmember in respect of Total Giant Spend and/or Total Spend on Selected Dining and Utilities;
"RM" means Ringgit Malaysia, the legal currency of Malaysia;
"Principal Co-Brand Cardmember" means a holder of principal Co-Brand Card issued by Citibank;
"Supplementary Co-Brand Cardmember" means a holder of supplementary Co-Brand Card issued by Citibank at the request of the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember;
"Tier" means the tier which corresponds with the Total Monthly Spend as specified in Clause 4 below; and
"Total Giant Spend" means the total amount (in RM) charged to the Co-Brand Cards in respect of spending on Giant Products and Services only as reflected in the monthly statement of the Principal Cardmember;
"Total Spend on Selected Dining and Utilities" means the total amount (in RM) charged to the Co-Brand Cards in respect of spending on Selected Dining and Utilities only as reflected in the monthly statement of the Principal Cardmember provided that in respect of the Total Spend on Selected Utilities, the amount charged to the Co-Brand Card must be effected by or through Citibank's Auto-Billing or OneBill instructions (both terms are as defined in the Website);
"Total Monthly Spend" means the total amount (in RM) charged to the principal and/or supplementary Co-Brand Cards as reflected in the monthly statement of the Principal Cardmember excluding any spending listed in Clause 5 below;
"Website" means Citibank's website at www.citibank.com.my.
An applicant with a minimum annual income of RM24,000.00 is eligible to apply for the Co-Brand Card. The annual fee payable for each Co-Brand Card is as follows:
Co-Brand Card Annual Fee Principal Co-Brand Card RM120.00 Supplementary Co-Brand Card Free
- Subject to these terms and conditions, the Principal Cardmember is entitled to earn Rebates for any spending charged to the Co-Brand Card (including spending charged to the Supplementary Cardmember's Co-Brand Card, if any) for purposes of personal consumption only and not for business and commercial purposes. In respect of any spending charged to the Co-Brand Card which Citibank deemed to be made for business and commercial purposes, Citibank reserves the right to immediately terminate such Co-Brand Card and/or to refuse to award Rebates for such spending.
The Co-Brand Cardmember's Total Monthly Spend will determine the Tier which the Principal Cardmember falls into and the percentage of Rebates earned.
Tier Total Monthly Spend Rebate on Total Giant Spend (%) Rebate on Total Spend on Selected Dining and Utilities (%) Maximum Monthly Cap for Total Giant Spend (RM) 1 Less than RM800.00 2.5 1.0 400.00 2 RM800.00 and above 5.0 2.0 600.00
- If the Co-Brand Cardmember's Total Monthly Spend falls under Tier 1, the Rebates earned by the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember will be 2.5% in respect of Total Giant Spend subject to the Maximum Monthly Cap for Total Giant Spend of RM400.00 only and 1.0% in respect of Total Spend on Selected Dining and Utilities;
If the Co-Brand Cardmember's Total Monthly Spend falls under Tier 2, the Rebates earned by the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember will be 5.0% in respect of Total Giant Spend subject to the Maximum Monthly Cap for Total Giant Spend of RM600.00 only and 2.0% in respect of Total Spend on Selected Dining and Utilities.
For illustration purposes:
Total Monthly Spend for the month of August is RM1,650.00, comprising of the following:
RM Total Giant Spend 700.00 Total Spend on Selected Dining Outlets 350.00 Total Spend on Selected Utilities Merchants 400.00 Other Spend 200.00
The Principal Co-Brand Cardmember will fall under Tier 2, the Rebates earned will be:
- RM30.00 for Total Giant Spend (i.e. 5.0% of the Maximum Monthly Cap for Total Giant Spend of RM600.00);
- RM7.00 for Total Spend on Selected Dining Outlets (i.e. 2.0% of RM350.00);
- RM8.00 for Total Spend on Selected Utilities Merchants (i.e. 2.0% of RM400.00); and
- none for the other spending.
Rebates will not be awarded in respect of any spending other than spending on Giant Products and Services and Selected Dining and Utilities. The following spending shall be excluded from computation of the Total Monthly Spend: -
- Cash advance or cash withdrawal debited to the Co-Brand Card account;
- Payment for Dial-For-Cash (DFC) or a similar program of any name;
- Citibank EasyPay Plan (EPP), Flexi Payment Plan (FPP) or similar program of any name;
- Payment of any fees and/or charges prescribed by Citibank to be paid to or in connection with the Co-Brand Card (including entrance fee, annual fee, finance charges, handling charges and late payment charges);
- Government service tax and any other similar taxes of any name;
- Charges to the Co-Brand Card which are disputed by the Co-Brand Cardmember which are subsequently reversed by Citibank.
- Any spending at any non-Giant supermarkets, hypermarkets, mini-markets, and/or convenience stores, which is charged to the Co-Brand Card.
- The maximum amount of Rebates which a Principal Co-Brand Cardmember can accumulate in a year is RM600.00 only, the first period of 1 year will commence from the date of issuance of the principal Co-Brand Card. If the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember has accumulated the maximum amount of Rebates in a year, no further Rebates will be awarded to him/her until the following year.
A Principal Co-Brand Cardmember will be entitled to redeem one (1) RM20.00 Giant ("Voucher") for every RM20.00 Rebates accumulated subject to the following conditions:-
- the Rebates were not accumulated due to any fraudulent activities as determined by Citibank;
- the Rebates were accumulated for spending made for purposes of personal consumption only and not spending made for business and commercial purposes; and
- such other circumstances as Citibank may determine.
Upon redemption and deduction of Rebates from the Co-Brand Card account, such Rebates will be extinguished and cannot be reinstated under any circumstances. Citibank's records are final and conclusive evidence of the amount of Rebates in the Co-Brand Cardmember's account at all times and no correspondence on the matter will be entertained.
Citibank will deliver the Voucher to the eligible Principal Co-Brand Cardmember together with the Co-Brand Card's monthly statement. Principal Co-Brand Cardmemberss who subscribe to e-statements will receive the Voucher via their mailing addresses as indicated by them on the Co-Brand Card application forms (or such addresses as notified by them to Citibank).
Citibank has the right to reject any claims for lost or stolen Vouchers.
The following terms and conditions are applicable to each Voucher:
- Voucher is strictly for the redemption of goods at any Giant Stores only;
- Voucher is valid for a period of six (6) months from its date of issue ("Validity Period");
- Voucher is not exchangeable for cash, credit or kind, in part or in full;
- Neither Citibank nor GCHR will be responsible to replace any lost or stolen Voucher;
- Voucher is not for sale;
- If the value of the goods purchased using the Voucher is below the value of the Voucher, no refund (cash or otherwise) will be given to the Co-Brand Cardmembers;
- Voucher is not redeemable at any outlets, stores, counters and/or food court occupying or sharing the same premises or building as any Giant Stores;
- Any unused/unredeemed Voucher will immediately cease to be valid upon the cancellation of the Co-Brand Card or successful conversion of the Co-Brand Card to any Other Citibank Cards;
- Voucher may be subject to any other terms and conditions determined by Citibank;
- Voucher is only valid for redemption ONCE throughout the Validity Period; and
- Citibank's decisions on all matters relating to the Voucher are final and binding on all Co-Brand Cardmembers.
Rebates will be awarded to Principal Co-Brand Cardmembersonly if the following conditions are satisfied:-
- that the Co-Brand Card is valid and has good credit standing;
- that the minimum payment of the amount outstanding in the Co-Brand Card account has not been due for thirty (30) days or more;
- that the Co-Brand Card account has not exceeded the credit limit prescribed by Citibank; and
- that the Co-Brand Card is not blocked, cancelled or terminated by Citibank.
- Holders of Other Citibank Cards who apply to convert the Other Citibank Cards to a Co-Brand Card will lose any unredeemed or remaining rebates and/or points in the Other Citibank Cards' accounts upon the successful conversion to a Co-Brand Card.
Any remaining Rebates in the Co-Brand Card account will immediately cease to be valid upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
- the cancellation of the Co-Brand Card or successful conversion of the Co-Brand Card to any Other Citibank Cards;
- no charges are made to the Co-Brand Card for a continuous period of six (6) months; and/or
- the minimum payment outstanding on the Co-Brand Card account has been due for thirty (30) days or more.
- Rebates cannot be transferred to any third party, and may not be exchanged for cash, credit or kind, in part or in full.
- Only the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember is entitled to receive the Rebates during his/her lifetime and is not entitled to nominate any other person, including the Supplementary Co-Brand Cardmember, to receive the Rebates. For the avoidance of doubt, any Rebates accumulated by Supplementary Co-Brand Cardmembers will be credited into the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember's Co-Brand Card account. The total Rebates collected by the Co-Brand Cardmember will be stated in the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember's monthly billing statement.
- The Co-Brand Cardmember acknowledges that there may be time lapse between a transaction made using the Co-Brand Card and the crediting of the Rebates into the Co-Brand Card account of the Principal Co-Brand Cardmember. As such, Citibank does not warrant that the Rebates collected prior to a proposed redemption are immediately available for redemption.
Unless Citibank determines otherwise,
- the Co-Brand Cardmembers may not participate in any other reward programs offered by Citibank in respect of the Other Citibank Cards; and
- the holders of Other Citibank Cards may not participate in the Program.
- Citibank reserves the right to deduct or cancel any Rebate from any Co-Brand Card account with notice.
- Citibank's decision on all matters relating to the Program is final and binding on all Co-Brand Cardmembers.
- The terms and conditions of the Citibank Credit Card Agreement apply to the Co-Brand Card. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Citibank Credit Card Agreement and the terms set out here, the terms set out here shall prevail.
- Citibank has the right as it deems fit to vary or change the benefits or rewards of the Co-Brand Card as stipulated in these terms and conditions, by giving notice. Such variation may include any variation in the mechanism for calculating and awarding the Rebates and/or to the list of Selected Dining and/or Utilities merchants. The variations or changes are effective on the date stated in the notice. Such notice may be given by way of posting on the Website, or in any other manner deemed suitable by Citibank. The Co-Brand Cardmembers agree to access the Website at regular time intervals to view these terms and conditions, and to ensure that they are kept up-to-date with any variations or changes to these terms and conditions. The Co-Brand Cardmembers agree that their continued usage of the Co-Brand Card constitutes their acceptance of these terms and conditions (as amended and varied).
- Citibank has the right to terminate or suspend the Program by giving notice. Such termination or suspension by Citibank of the Program does not entitle the Co-Brand Cardmembers to any claim or compensation against Citibank for any loss or damage incurred by the Co-Brand Cardmembers as a result of such termination or suspension.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Citibank nor any of its officers, servants, employees, representatives and/or agents (including any third party service providers that Citibank may engage for purposes of this Program) will not be liable for any loss or damages which arise in connection with the Program.
- Citibank will not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, epidemic, pandemic, fire, flood, drought, storm, technical or system failures or any event beyond the reasonable control of Citibank.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Citibank gives no representation or warranty with respect to the Voucher or promotion or preferential treatment provided under the Program. In particular, Citibank gives no warranty with respect to the quality or merchantability of the Voucher or their suitability or fitness for any purpose.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
Selected Dining Outlets
- Baskin Robbins;
- Chicken Rice Shop;
- Coffee Bean;
- Esquire Kitchen;
- Kenny Rogers;
- Pizza Hut;
- Sakae Sushi;
- Secret Recipe;
- Sushi King; and
- such other dining outlets as may be determined by Citibank from time to time.
Selected Utility Merchants
- Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd; and
- such other utility merchants as may be determined by Citibank from time to time.